August 2013 Moms

Baby bump question

How do some of you ladies already have a bump at 14 weeks? I push around my pelvis and only feel my squishy fat.  I'm so confused.  If my baby really is the size of a lemon, lord knows where it's hiding....

Re: Baby bump question

• This is my 3rd
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • It really varies from woman to woman. It depends on the mom's build, how her uterus sits, whether she's had kid before, etc. There are lots of factors. It doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you but it also doesn't mean that there is something wrong with someone who is showing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Every woman is different...
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebrockerln:
    How do some of you ladies already have a bump at 14 weeks? I push around my pelvis and only feel my squishy fat.  I'm so confused.  If my baby really is the size of a lemon, lord knows where it's hiding....

Its bloat/ fat. But I only consider it a baby belly once it's actually the uterus making the bump, not misplaced guts. I'm in shape and on my third and my "bump" is bloat/misplaced guts. My uterus is still very in.  

image image

• imageSoleil3:

imagebrockerln:

Its bloat/ fat. But I only consider it a baby belly once it's actually the uterus making the bump, not misplaced guts. I'm in shape and on my third and my "bump" is bloat/misplaced guts. My uterus is still very in.  

Really? My uterus is just a bit below my belly button and this is only my second.

• imagelynn97:
    imageSoleil3:

imagebrockerln:

Really? My uterus is just a bit below my belly button and this is only my second.

So is mine, but it's not rolled out at all. I'm sure some women could be rolled out, but the bump is still low, below the belly button, and the uterus at 14-18 weeks isn't all that big.  

image image

• imagesomebodysmama21:
    imageSoleil3:

imagebrockerln:

Maybe at 10 or 11 weeks, but this isn't uniform the case across the board. I am 14 weeks tomorrow and my MW confirmed two weeks ago that it was my uterus making the bump. This is my 2nd.

ok :) 

image image

• I'm pretty sure that my "bump" is mostly my intestines, being pushed up and out by my uterus. I can feel the top of my uterus a few inches above my pelvic bone, but my bump is mostly higher than that: it starts right above my pelvic bone and extends up to my navel.

That being said, I really look pregnant, even though I'm not yet 15 weeks and this is my first child. (My earlier pregnancies ended around 6 weeks.) My doctor told me early on that I would be showing sooner than many women: I am short-ish, have a short torso, and I didn't have extra padding to begin with.

BFP #1 and m/c on 10/24/2010 ~6wks
    BFP #2 07/12/2012 (EDD 03/23/13); m/c 07/28/12
    BFP #3 12/05/2012 (EDD 08/19/2013); baby girl born 08/09!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageCaliforniaDream87:
    Every woman is different...

Yeah. This morning at yoga the other woman who was 16 weeks had a bigger bump than the 2 next to me, who were 24 and 30 weeks. 

I know for me, my "bump" is definitely bigger if I haven't pooped in a few days. Tongue Tied

image"">imageimageimage

• Thanks ladies for the insight.  I guess I was thinking that everyone's bumps at this point was consisting of their uterus, like if you pushed on it, it would be firm.  I know my belly is sticking out more than normal but I thought that was due to decreasing my running from 20+ miles per week before I got PG to 0 since I'm prohibited per the doctor.
  • 2nd child
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    This is my 3rd

This exactly. I didn't show with my first until 20 weeks. With 2 and this pregnancy it was closer to 15 weeks.
  • If it's your first, be prepared to wait for a bump. With my first, I didn't look remotely pregnant until 21-ish weeks.

This time around, I'm showing earlier (I'm 14w1d). Still don't necessarily look pregnant, but I'm noticing changes much sooner.

Again, most of the ladies talking about bumps are either talking about bloat or their on number 2, 3 or more. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket
    Caleb Jonathan
    Born November 30, 2011

The Winking of an Eye
    A blog about the mommyhood, wifehood and lifehood of a misplaced Minnesotan in SoCal
  • imageSoleil3:
    imagelynn97:
    imageSoleil3:

imagebrockerln:

So is mine, but it's not rolled out at all. I'm sure some women could be rolled out, but the bump is still low, below the belly button, and the uterus at 14-18 weeks isn't all that big.  

The uterus at 1618 weeks is about the size Of a cantelope...maybe it's just me, but I would not describe a cantelope inside me as "not all that big" lol
  • I'm only 5'2" with a short torso. There's nowhere to go but out, haha!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • This is my 2nd pregnancy (first ended at 11 weeks). I'm on the shorter side (5'4") with a short torso. I can definitely feel the top of my uterus under my belly button. Everyone's different Smile
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • imageStephw32:

The uterus at 1618 weeks is about the size Of a cantelope...maybe it's just me, but I would not describe a cantelope inside me as "not all that big" lol

Most of the "bumps" I've seen are much larger than a cantaloupe. Like, lol. 

image image

• I dont feel my uterus at all. My "bump" is just bloat/fat. I am wondering because i have an anterior placenta is why i cant feel my uterus and if ill get an actual bump later than one without the anterior placenta.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am only 5 foot tall and this is my third.

Like others have said, every women is different.

• I can feel my uterus a few inches below my belly button but the only time it pokes out is in the morning when my bladder has pushed it out. It goes right back in after I pee :) I have a feeling I won't truly show until 20 weeks. I could say I'm showing just from the bloat but that feels like cheating lol.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

beach
  • This is my second and I'm 30 lbs lighter than I was with DD
  • imagehein0919:
    I'm only 5'2" with a short torso. There's nowhere to go but out, haha!

This also. I'm 5'4" and started at 108lbs...so on the smaller side. The "bump" has nowhere to hide, even if I have gained 12lbs, lol.  

• Bloat/fat? Speak for yourself sweetie. LOL....4th baby, uterus is at the very top of my belly button and about to go past it. I passed 'bloat' ages ago.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• I think you show ealier with subsequent pregnancies, but not everyone does.

Alot of times extra bloating/gas/constipation can make your abdomen protrude, making you show a bigger "bump". 

• I also have no bump and this is my 4th. I am starting to wonder if something is wrong since I showed so early with my last one but I am just trying to think positive. I go see the dr next week
  • Im 4'11" with a short torso and this is number two. With DS i didnt show till around 20 weeks. Right now only family and co workers can tell I'm pregnant. Others may think I ate too much valentines candy lol :D
  • i'm only 5ft and have a short torso. i've always been in shape but i popped at 12 weeks. my doc confirmed it was not just bloat/fat but it was my uterus and baby starting to grow. everyone is different but you cant just say that everyone at this stage, ex/ i'm 14 weeks, is just fat.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my first and I'm 13 weeks and showing a little. It is definitely different than just bloat too. Literally, overnight, a little bump popped out.

My favorite quote about this came out from the Kate Middleton blue bikini photos - "one girl's baby bump is another's ill advised burrito". She's two months further along than I am and I'm showing more than she!

I naturally have an hour glass figure, and I'm on the shorter side (5'3"), so I think I just carry extra weight a little more noticeably.

• If this is your first be prepared to wait. With DD I didn't have any little bit of a protrusion until 23ish weeks and didn't really pop until 28 weeks. (Pop meaning that strangers could tell I was pregnant.) 

Even this time around I'm just barely starting to look larger. Today, in yoga pants and a tight top, DH said it's the first time he's been able to notice anything.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think other than what baby # it is for you, weight and height play a part as well. If you are taller or heavier, it may take longer for your bump to show. I am 14 weeks and have started to get a bump. I was larger a few weeks ago which i think was mainly bloat!
  • I was much larger at 8-9 weeks than I am now at 14 weeks. Before it was bloat for sure, but the bloat went down around 10-12 and the belly is starting to just now come back which is a little bump starting to stick out.I am only 5'3 and petite so I figure it has to go somewhere! I can also feel my uterus so, I know I am not "willing" a bump to be there.

Other people of course can not tell or anything when I am clothed, only my husband and myself since we see my body every day.  Otherwise, I look like I ate too many donuts or something.

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"