March 2013 Moms

So it looks like I'm on my own.

Just talked to DH and the military denied his request for RR so he won't be here when our son is born. Won't even meet him until he is 10 months old. Seriously they just let a guy come home for his girlfriend to have their baby. This is my freakin husband!

Re: So it looks like I'm on my own.

• I am so sorry.  I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now.  I can't believe they would deny that!  Try and stay strong!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • If he is in the states...can you go to him where he can be at the hospital? It might be late in the game for you, but if it means a lot, it could be a possibility? 

If you are unable to go, could you talk to the hospital about skyping the birth, or face time the birth, so at least he can view it, and you can communicate with him? 

Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Loading the player...
  • thats horrible...I have a friend who was able to skype her husband when she gave birth. Hopefully if your having the baby at a MTF they might have wifi and skype set up for you. So sorry you have to go through that though.
  • Wow I'm so sorry to hear that. I am upset enough about my mother not being allowed to come, I can only imagine what you must be going through. I'm sorry but I don't see what difference it makes though about the other guy getting to see his baby born, husband or not. His baby is his baby whether or not they are married? I think that's a little unfair to be upset about it for that reason.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Hi there, my husband is military too, although thankfully he won't be deploying again until next year. I am so sorry your husband will miss the birth. That really, really stinks.

• Can you be on the phone with him or on Skype?  A friend from high school wasn't allowed leave when he was in the Middle East, but they hooked him up with a satellite phone so his wife could talk to him during her c-section.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think my hospital allows Skype in the delivery room. Actually I'm pretty sure they don't have wifi in that area. I go to a regular old hospital. No MTFs for me.
    As far as the girlfriend thing goes. I am happy that the guy got to be there but normally a girlfriend is not considered family or dependent by the military they are generally pretty strict about that so I'm wondering how they made that happen and can't for my DH. I know this couple tried to use the Red Cross' services but were turned down because they are not married. I'm not upset with the couple. They are nice people.
    Anyhow the military is a major bummer.
  • I am very sorry that really sucks. Maybe the hospital can make an exception about the Skype because of the situation

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • That's horrible.  My prayers are with you.  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers ____________________________________________________________________________ *4 angel babies in heaven*__ *DX with Progesterone defficiency June 2010* *Haylie Marie & Makenzie Shayanne adopted November 2010* **SURPRISE! !ALL NATURAL MIRACLE BFP!!12/26/10 (MERRY CHRISTMAS)** ***Alexander Robert born 8/20/11, 11:01pm, 8lbs. 2oz. 20.5inches*** **BFP 06/26/2012.. Baby B #2 Due 04/01/2013**
  • imageJClou83:
    I don't think my hospital allows Skype in the delivery room. Actually I'm pretty sure they don't have wifi in that area. I go to a regular old hospital. No MTFs for me. As far as the girlfriend thing goes. I am happy that the guy got to be there but normally a girlfriend is not considered family or dependent by the military they are generally pretty strict about that so I'm wondering how they made that happen and can't for my DH. I know this couple tried to use the Red Cross' services but were turned down because they are not married. I'm not upset with the couple. They are nice people. Anyhow the military is a major bummer.

Sorry I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions! I'm hormonal and not married myself so I am always a little sensitive to that. I really am so sorry about your situation. At least at the end you will be getting the most beautiful gift. No matter how the labor and delivery happen, the end result will be the same. It may not be ideal but it will still be wonderful and you will still have your baby!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • This sucks. I am so sorry for you and him. I can't even begin to imagine how this must feel.
  • I am so, so sorry.  That is just ridiculous!  We owe an insane amount of gratitude to the men and women who serve in our military and it makes me really angry that we can't accommodate them around one of the biggest evens in their lives.

I am sure you will be able to do this on our own, but you shouldn't have to. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• I'm so sorry. That is just awful for both of you. 
  • I appreciate the support and I'm sure he would also. I know reading text sometimes you can't get the tone that the person has while thinking these things so im sorry if I offended any single parents. Not my intention. I'm just more upset for him than myself but he just sent me a message and he is trying to appeal it so we might get a couple of days. Fingers crossed!
  • imagevmihelci:

imageJClou83:
    I don't think my hospital allows Skype in the delivery room. Actually I'm pretty sure they don't have wifi in that area. I go to a regular old hospital. No MTFs for me. As far as the girlfriend thing goes. I am happy that the guy got to be there but normally a girlfriend is not considered family or dependent by the military they are generally pretty strict about that so I'm wondering how they made that happen and can't for my DH. I know this couple tried to use the Red Cross' services but were turned down because they are not married. I'm not upset with the couple. They are nice people. Anyhow the military is a major bummer.

Sorry I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions! I'm hormonal and not married myself so I am always a little sensitive to that. I really am so sorry about your situation. At least at the end you will be getting the most beautiful gift. No matter how the labor and delivery happen, the end result will be the same. It may not be ideal but it will still be wonderful and you will still have your baby!

I found myself agreeing with vmihelci, but now I see where you are coming from. I am really sorry that is happening to you :(

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"