Babies: 0 - 3 Months

9 weeks and super fussy

my son has been a wonderful baby for the most part. but here recently come 4pm he does nothing but cry. nothing helps, today i was in tears with him. he also that baby that fights naps with all he has. any tips to either get him to nap or stop crying are greatly appreciated.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 9 weeks and super fussy

• 8 and a half weeks and we're right there with you. I carry LO in a sling until he chills out. After about 30 minutes, he'll actually fall asleep and it's nice to have hands free. Also, I discovered he likes to be bounced with me as I sit on a yoga ball. He also sleeps very well in his swing, but I try only to do that when all other options have been exhausted.
    Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When my LO fights sleep I either walk around rocking or bouncing him or play music on my Ipod both while he has a paci. Hope you find something that helps!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds to me like your LO has a witching hour(s)! My son is just over 7 weeks and we deal with the same thing except our witching hours are from about 5 or 6pm until he goes down for the night around 9-9:30ish. My son is also a nap fighter so he really doesn't get that good of sleep during the day (his naps are anywhere from a 15 minute catnap to an hour tops lately!).

Honestly, my only advice is to plan around these hours. I actually posted about this yesterday, so I'm obviously still learning when it comes to this (although we've been in the midst of dealing MSPI and reflux, so our guy has been generally fussy lately!). When he's being a fusspot, all I can do is just soothe him and switch it up. Swing, bouncer, k'tan carrier, walking around the house, singing, playing with toys/rattles, bath and then bottle...you get the point. Just try to keep him entertained until he falls asleep (and try your best to keep your sanity in the meantime!!). Hang in there mama...we'll both get through it! :)

• imageLitgirl77:
    8 and a half weeks and we're right there with you. I carry LO in a sling until he chills out. After about 30 minutes, he'll actually fall asleep and it's nice to have hands free. Also, I discovered he likes to be bounced with me as I sit on a yoga ball. He also sleeps very well in his swing, but I try only to do that when all other options have been exhausted.

Our babies have the same birthday!  And I was due on the 30th of December Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Check out a book called The Wonder Weeks.  You can also google it.  It is a theory that babies have high-development weeks (called wonder weeks) and just before that week, they have a period when they are really clingy and cranky.  It makes a lot of sense and knowing about this can help us be more understanding. Plus, I like knowing what is developing each week.

• My girls is 9 weeks and is exactly the same way. It is the WORST if she gets over stimulated then she fights her naps like crazy. I normally only swaddle at night but I have gone to swaddle plus belly full of milk, clean diaper lulibies and her swing! I think she is getting to the point where she really needs to be taking naps in her crib away from stimulation. She will also sleep on me in her carrier if I am on a long walk but this week has been a big sleep struggle with naps. She is still a champ sleeping at night though, with a good 6.5 hour stretch every night
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"