Stay at Home Moms

S/O Easter baskets

Did you do an Easter basket for your LO's first year? How old was he/she when they got their first one? It totally hadn't occurred to me to do one until I saw the post below but now I am thinking I may do a small one.

We will see bc I am certain grandparents will send stuff. Maybe I will just put what they send in a basket for her and let her open it on Easter, lol. I would kind of like to start a tradition of getting her something church related for Easter, even if it's just board books or something

Re: S/O Easter baskets

• I've always gotten my kids a basket. Ds1 was born on Easter and so he didnt get a basket then of course. Ds2 was like 9 mos. The first year I put board books, baby snacks, and stuffed animals in the basket.
  • I'll do one for DD for sure... I think I'll fill some eggs with fishy crackers and grapes, etc, and then get her a few other small things. She won't know what's going on, but I think it'll be fun for DH and I :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I don't think I did anything for DD's first Easter, but I did for DS's first Easter since DD was getting something.  For DS's first Easter I only got him a summer outfit since he was only a few months old.  I plan on getting him a full basket this year (baskets will be smaller for both kids since we will be traveling over the holiday and everything needs to fit in my suitcase). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LIttle man got one last year but my parents did it. (he was only a few days old). I am doing it this year. it has a stuffed bunny, ball, swim trunks and shirt and so on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not really, she was 3 or 4 months. I forget went Easter was last year. we got her a toy and some bubbles. We were so not prepared and went out on Easter to get it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I did one for my DD last year, even though she was only 4 weeks old.  I did a board book, new summer outfit, new pj's, teether, and rattle.  All stuff she needed/I would have gotten her anyway.  Obviously the basket was more for me/DH than for her, but I wanted to start the tradition with her very first Easter.
  • We did for each of them. DS1's basket only had empty plastic eggs and baby oatmeal. DS2's had empty plastic eggs, baby oatmeal, and sippy cups, DS3's will have empty plastic eggs, shaker eggs, and rice snacks.
  • I did, he was a little over a month old I think. It had pacis, pjs, a rattle and a book in it.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • DD will be 2.5 months old for Easter this year and we are doing an Easter basket for her.  Clearly, we don't need to but we want to.  

She is definitely getting a book, Sophie the giraffe and Baby Einstein take along tunes.  We may throw a couple more little things in there as well.   

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I did for dd's first Easter...she was about 3 weeks shy of her first birthday and she got an Easter board book, bunny ears (they were too cute!), gerber puffs and wagon wheels as well as some carrot baby food....

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• imageAllycat11:
    DD will be 2.5 months old for Easter this year and we are doing an Easter basket for her. nbsp;Clearly, we don't need to but we want to. nbsp;She is definitely getting a book, Sophie the giraffe and Baby Einstein take along tunes. nbsp;We may throw a couple more little things in there as well. nbsp;nbsp;

DD loves Sophie!
  • DS was about 10 months for his first and we did a basket because I wanted to start the tradition on his first Easter.  He got a lot of stuff he needed - spoons, socks, etc. - we filled plastic eggs with puffs, he got some bubbles and a small toy.  It was so much fun watching him crawl to it and take each thing out!
  • I did not give DD a basket for her first Easter.  She was 8 months at the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• DS was 7months last year for his first Easter and we still did a basket for him. In it he got some puffs, a Easter bib, a stuffed Thumper Bunny from Bambi, blue bunny ears, a couple Easter themed board books and probably more that I am forgetting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • We did baskets for the kids first Easters.  They got board books, baby food, baby/toddler snacks, socks, clothes, pjs, just anything to fill up the basket :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"