Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Lets talk about diaper bags

What kind of diaper bag do you have? What all is in it? Is it working out for you? I had one handmade and it is much smaller than I need! I'm having to tote around alot of things outside of it. Super frustrating but it's so cute I hate to leave it behind.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lets talk about diaper bags

• We have an Eddie Bauer one I think. I keep: diapers, wipes, changing pad, extra outfit, diaper cream, pacifiers, prepared bottles, a couple toys, hand sanitizer, vitamin d drops, vaccine card.... Other stuff seems to accumulate in it... Extra headbands, nail clippers, thermometer, hydrocortisone cream, socks... We basically live out of it. Hahaha
  • I used to carry around a pretty big one when it was just DD, but I've gotten more efficient since then. Now I carry this bag with one diaper for DD, 3 diapers for DS, wipes, peri bottle of water (for wipes and other messes), an extra outfit for DS, a sippy cup for DD, a small snack for DD, an A & A blanket for DS, my phone/wallet, and nursing pads. I add DD's blanket and pacifier on occasion.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a petunia pickle bottom and I love it. It is the back pack style and has a fold out diaper changing pad. Lots of room and easy to carry around.

• One from BRU. I keep 3 cloth diapers, 1 wet bag, changing pad, extra outfit, wipes in a case, nursing cover, extra paci, extra socks, wallet (in the side pocket), chap stick. gum, and sometimes a bottle of bm.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekielpinskim:
    I used to carry around a pretty big one when it was just DD, but I've gotten more efficient since then. Now I carry this bag with one diaper for DD, 3 diapers for DS, wipes, peri bottle of water (for wipes and other messes), an extra outfit for DS, a sippy cup for DD, a small snack for DD, an A & A blanket for DS, my phone/wallet, and nursing pads. I add DD's blanket and pacifier on occasion.

Took the words out of my mouth. The one I carry now is about 14x14x6. We carry a sippy cup, snack, extra shorts and undies for DS, fold up potty seat, bottle or nursing cover, a few diapers, wipes, extra outfit for DD, paci, wallet, phone, and keys.

• Diapers for both kids, wipes, changing pad, diaper cream, hand sanitizer, bib, burp cloth, nipple cream, nursing cover, change of clothes, sippy cup, snack, and plastic sandwich bags in the event that I cannot dispose of a diaper right away.

With DD, I learned early on to ditch the purse. I now just put my wallet, cell, and keys in the diaper bag, too.

My bag is made by Skip Hop. It's not too big but easily fits everything I need.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • https://jjcolecollections.com/system-180-bag

I'm carrying this one right now  & it's plenty big enough.

For DS I have a snack & sippy 

For DD diapers, wipes, a bottle, formula dispenser, receiving blanket, paci

I throw my planner, wallet & small bag with pens & chapstick, kleenex etc in it

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • I have a Graco bag that looks like a knock-off Lug bag.  It's medium sized.

We carry 3 diaper inserts and an extra diaper cover, plus a couple of sposies "just in case", that we haven't had to use yet.  A wetbag, change pad, 10 cloth wipes and wipe solution in my old peri-bottle.  If she has a red bum we add our bum cream, but usually don't need it.

For feeds we carry a nursing cover, some baby face clothes and a nursing pad.

As well we have a change of clothes, extra blanket, and a small case with an assortment of things like a pacifier, nipple shield, a couple of ziplock bags.

I use it as my purse so it also has my keys, phone, wallet and coffee.

The bag is about half full, but I suspect as I have to add a couple of toys and snacks that will change.

PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a Jujube BFF - and since my DD#1 just potty trained, it is chock full!  I keep an epi pen and some benadryl for my peanut allergic DS, 3 diapers for DD#2, an extra outfit for DD#2, extra undies and pants for DD#1, potty toppers for DD#1 and DS, nursing cover, burp cloth, a few plastic bags for our travel potty or in case of an accident for DD#1s dirty clothes, vaseline for diaper changes, small container of wipes, wet wipes and hand sanitizer, and often snacks for DS and DD#1 and both of their straw cups in the bottle pockets.  My wallet and cell phone go in the front pocket.  I did have extra undies and pants for my DS, also but just removed those the other day since he hasn't had an accident in months and there wasn't enough room!  I will probably start keeping an extra bag in the car with clothes for him just in case...
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also have a JuJuBe BFF. I haven't gone out much with it yet, but I have a nursing cover, burp cloth, diapers, wipes, trash bags for dirty diapers, chapstick, hand sanitizer, extra clothes for the baby.
  • https://jjcolecollections.com/capricebag

I have a JJ cole bag, and so far I love it. I carry disposable and cloth diapers, wet bag, footie pj's as her change of outfit, burp cloth, wipes, Burt's bees multipurpose ointment for diaper cream, lotion, hand sanitizer, extra paci, thermometer paci, gas drops, and an AA blanket. Sometimes a bib too if she's particularly spitty.
    photo 531db2b9-4d83-4d72-a50b-074d44f8cd51_zps7e3cb247.jpg
  • I have a JuJu BFF and love it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a vera bradley diaper bag and i absolutely love it. It comes with a matching changing pad. It holds a lot of stuff but isnt huge and it has a lot of pockets on the inside. Its actually on sale right now too!

https://www.verabradley.com/mobileProduct/BabyBag/154882/defaultColor/PriscillaPink/p/154882.uts?keyword=Diaper20bag
  • I don't carry my purse anymore either.  I did try to at first, but it was just way too much unnecessary junk.  

The diaper bag now has: diapers, wipes in a small case, A&A blanket, some small travel size packs of diaper rash cream, extra outfit for DD, changing pad  and burp cloth.  For DS, I have a few fruit snacks and some cars.  I also keep my wallet, keys, sunglasses and phone.

I have something like this (but in different colors & I think it's a different brand... MIL got it for me.)  I was using the small one only but I messed up the zipper lol.  It was nice becasue it was a good size for DS to carry- he felt very proud to be able to help me.  :)

https://www.amazon.com/Carters-5-Piece-Girls-Diaper-Bag/dp/B0039QO15C/ref=sr_1_40?ie=UTF8&qid=1361716610&sr=8-40&keywords=diaper+bag 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebloomraiser:
    Fisher price backpack from BRU, so far so good!

I also have a Fisher Price backpack-style bag. It has a pocket on one side that holds a travel wipes case, and an insulated pocket on the other side for bottles.

It holds A LOT of stuff. I have to clean it out every day because I end up putting everything in it. I keep all the typical diapering stuff in it, plus a receiving blanket, extra clothes and socks, and a couple of toys.

I tried to use it as my purse, too, but it ended up getting too heavy. It's actually easier for me to carry two bags.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"