October 2012 Moms

Introducing food question

For those of you who have introduced food (new moms/second time moms, etc)/are going to in the future, what brand did you use or what one will you go with? Or, are you planning on making your own? I can't decide between gerber organic, earth's best, or plum organics. So many choices! ha 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Introducing food question

• If your little one has any food intolerance to milk or soy, stay away from gerber. They are cross-contaminated. Earth's best is very good and I've heard good things about happy bellies.
    M/C #1 - BFP-1/16/08 Dx Blighted Ovum-2/4/08 D&C-2/8/08 @ 7 weeks M/C #2 - BFP-3/31/08 Early M/C-4/10/08 @ 5 weeks M/C #3 - BFP-6/31/08 Early M/C-7/13/08 @ 5.5 weeks Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Somebody awhile back posted a great website on making your own baby food. If you have the time it's worth a shot. I don't know how to post a link but the website if Honestfare.com/hungrybaby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageChrisG83:
    Somebody awhile back posted a great website on making your own baby food. If you have the time it's worth a shot. I don't know how to post a link but the website if Honestfare.com/hungrybaby. 

https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

thats a great website! for me, making my own baby food just makes sense. i mean we make our food with whole foods so why would i only give my baby food from a jar? It's much cheaper and tastes much better homemade! I actually enjoy making baby food. But for us to keep something in the diaper bag or stuff i won't make like prunes we use earth's best.

"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together" Elizabeth Taylor DD 05/10 DS 10/12
  • With our first we did a mix of our own, Plum, Earth's Best and Happybellies/Happytot. Never did much Gerber, only if it was gifted. Read the ingredient list of whatever brand you decide on!

• imageChrisG83:
    Somebody awhile back posted a great website on making your own baby food. If you have the time it's worth a shot. I don't know how to post a link but the website if Honestfare.com/hungrybaby. 

https://honestfare.com/hungry-baby/

• We have been using Gerber 1st foods, DS seems to be doing well with them. He does not have any allergies (that we know of)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I make the baby food. It takes me maybe ten minutes, if it needs to be cooked, and five minutes or less if it doesn't. I bought one sweet potato for 1.20 and it lasted almost two weeks. One avocado was 0.99 and it lasted four days. That's a lot cheaper! An worth it to me
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Earths best.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"