TTC After a Loss

~*^*~Healthy Living Accountability Check In~*^*~

It?s Friday--time to take a look back at the week and see how we did!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In addition to being accountable for your goals, I also want to hear one thing you learned this week, whether it?s about yourself (habits, breakthroughs, weaknesses, strengths), or about healthy living in general (Read a good book about food or nutrition? Watch a cool documentary? Interesting article online? Share it with us!).

kookie1287: Are you still using your fitbit everyday? Have you and your new workout buddy been going to the gym consistently? Still avoiding fast food? Good luck this weekend on trying to make healthy snack choices and not eating out of boredom. 

fluttergirlmoonchild79: Is your elliptical still broken? If so, have you found other ways to continue to work out? With the bad days this week, have you still avoided smoking? ((hugs)) to you. I hope next week is better.

Saritaota614: Is your fitbit still keeping you motivated to move? Did you do more zumba and workouts with your friend? How is resisting the urge for late night snacking going? Keep up the good work of avoiding fast food and soda! 

sfortin9075: Are you feeling any better yet? Have you been continuing with the yoga? Resist the urge to buy donuts again this weekend when grocery shopping, you can do it!

Igoo0304: Even though you weighed yourself early, do you still weigh in on Friday? Have you continued with riding your exercise bike every night? How's the cutting back on salt going? Good luck getting through the weekend and avoiding eating out and avoiding the bloat!

ellajune2012: Did you resist the urge to eat out for lunch the rest of the week? Are you still planning on attending a yoga class this weekend or did you break out the at home DVDs?

Have a great weekend, and DON?T FORGET TO LOG IN TO MFP!

<3,
jenn
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Started TTC June 2010
BFP #1
07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
TTA for 7 months
Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
TTC Again May 2014
Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
- All BFN's
SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ~*^*~Healthy Living Accountability Check In~*^*~

• fluttergirlmoonchild79: Is your elliptical still broken? If so, have you found other ways to continue to work out? With the bad days this week, have you still avoided smoking? ((hugs)) to you. I hope next week is better.

The elliptical is still broken but we got the piece to fix in from UPS yesterday so it will get fixed this weekend (it seriously breaks like every 6 months and they've replaced it 4 times so we've become an expert at fixing them.

It was super tough and I almost cracked several times but I managed to not smoke.  I just keep telling myself that I've made it this far and I don't want to start over again.  The week has slowly gotten better for me.  I had IRL group last night and that helped a lot.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Saritaota614: Is your fitbit still keeping you motivated to move? Did you do more zumba and workouts with your friend? How is resisting the urge for late night snacking going? Keep up the good work of avoiding fast food and soda!

Well... I had a few beers last night and caved. I had to have taco bell. Its just so darn good! Hopefully I'm right back to avoiding it Starting NOW!

I have been keeping up with the fitbit though. I love that little gadget! I find myself just marching in place a lot. Haha.

Also, I went to my second yoga class last night. I am soooorrreeee! But a good sore!

I haven't weighed in yet. I'm afraid to after binge eating/drinking last night
    Trying for our first since April 2011
    BFP 10/4/2012. Due 6/11/13. M/C 11/3/12
    Diagnosed Hypothyroidism 9/4/13
    BFP #2 11/11/13 Due 7/24/14

Today, I am pregnant.  Today, I am happy.
    Everyone welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • I just recently joined the board...would be able to participate In this check in? Becoming more healthy is one of my personal goals as of recently...this week I have worked out with my WiiFit Active 2 times so far (tonight after work I will work out again) and been much more conscious of drinking water throughout the day. The water definitely keeps the snacking urges down after school!
    "Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
    *3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
    *8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
    *3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
    *8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• sfortin9075: Are you feeling any better yet? Have you been continuing with the yoga? Resist the urge to buy donuts again this weekend when grocery shopping, you can do it!

Still sick, but keeping with it.  Hopefully next week will be better-- I think I may go back to the week 1/2 dvds to catch up before moving forward with the program. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hi jenn, how are you doing?

ellajune2012: Did you resist the urge to eat out for lunch the rest of the week? Are you still planning on attending a yoga class this weekend or did you break out the at home DVDs?

Yes, I've been really good about bringing lunch. As for yoga, I already told DH that I'm going to tomorrow morning's class at the Y so don't expect me to be available until afterwards :)

Hmm, what I learned this week... I thought this was pretty interesting, even though I think DH & I do most of this already (we are not gluten free). I'm going to keep following over the next few weeks to hear how she breaks them down.

10 Ways to Eat Real Food on a Budget *warning: the author mentions her kids briefly*

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • Hi All!  I asked if I could join last week but it was late in the day and I'm not sure if anyone noticed my post.  This is my first real week posting.

I'm doing ok, finding it hard not to snack at night.  I've learned that is my biggest obstacle!  I've also learned that I have NO willpower, and will really have to fight that. Haven't weighed myself today (too scared because I had pasta and breadsticks last night), but I have lost around 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks.  Slow going, but I can't complain.  Still up 15 pounds from my loss in December, and 45 pounds from my pre-pg weight 5 years ago!

I've been doing good about using my treadmill to try and work off excess calories, but my knee has been giving me a bit of trouble, so I'm heading out later to buy new shoes.  If you have any good recommendations, then please let me know!  I made a separate post asking for suggestions.

Kookie- I'm a boredom eater too :(  If you figure out how to counteract that, then please let me know!

Have a good weekend everyone! 

Me: Endometriosis, PCOS, Insulin Resistance, Estrogen Dominance, Irregular Cycles
    DH:  100% Abnormal Sperm Morphology
     BFP #1 (Surprise!)  "Monkey"- 09/16/2006. DS born 06/01/2007.   
    BFP #2  "Quinn" EDD 06/21/13- MMC @ 8 weeks - Disc. 12/12/12 @ 13w0d 
    BFP #3  "Luna" EDD 03/31/14- MC 07/29/13 @ 5 w0d 
    BFP #4  "Star" EDD 07/06/14- MC 11/28/13 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #5 "Baby J"- 02/07/14. DS born 10/29/2014 My Rainbow!
    ~Everyone Welcome~

• imagefluttergirlmoonchild79:

fluttergirlmoonchild79: Is your elliptical still broken? If so, have you found other ways to continue to work out? With the bad days this week, have you still avoided smoking? ((hugs)) to you. I hope next week is better.

The elliptical is still broken but we got the piece to fix in from UPS yesterday so it will get fixed this weekend (it seriously breaks like every 6 months and they've replaced it 4 times so we've become an expert at fixing them.

It was super tough and I almost cracked several times but I managed to not smoke.  I just keep telling myself that I've made it this far and I don't want to start over again.  The week has slowly gotten better for me.  I had IRL group last night and that helped a lot.

I'm sorry that your elliptical keeps breaking but I'm glad that you got the part ordered and becoming a pro at fixing it! Is it a defect in the machine? Every 6 months seems a little extreme for a part to break.

I'm glad that your week has been slowly improving. And great job on not smoking! You're right, if you've come this far you can keep going. We're here to cheer you on!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

• imageSaritaota614:
    Saritaota614: Is your fitbit still keeping you motivated to move? Did you do more zumba and workouts with your friend? How is resisting the urge for late night snacking going? Keep up the good work of avoiding fast food and soda! Well... I had a few beers last night and caved. I had to have taco bell. Its just so darn good! Hopefully I'm right back to avoiding it Starting NOW! I have been keeping up with the fitbit though. I love that little gadget! I find myself just marching in place a lot. Haha. Also, I went to my second yoga class last night. I am soooorrreeee! But a good sore! I haven't weighed in yet. I'm afraid to after binge eating/drinking last night

I'm not going to judge you for caving and having taco bell. There's a limit to how strong we can be. But get back to avoiding again! You can do it!

I'm glad that your fitbit is keeping you moving and that you got a chance to go to yoga. Good sore is good!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imageLiaMadi1:
    I just recently joined the board...would be able to participate In this check in? Becoming more healthy is one of my personal goals as of recently...this week I have worked out with my WiiFit Active 2 times so far (tonight after work I will work out again) and been much more conscious of drinking water throughout the day. The water definitely keeps the snacking urges down after school!

Of course you can join! We love new members and love to encourage others on their journey to health.

Good job on getting some workouts in this week, keep it up! And drinking more water is a good goal. It's something that I need to work on more.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imagesfortin9075:

sfortin9075: Are you feeling any better yet? Have you been continuing with the yoga? Resist the urge to buy donuts again this weekend when grocery shopping, you can do it!

Still sick, but keeping with it.  Hopefully next week will be better-- I think I may go back to the week 1/2 dvds to catch up before moving forward with the program. 

I'm sorry that you're still sick. Hopefully you be feeling better next week. I think that taking it easy is a good idea until you are feeling better.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imageellajune2012:

hi jenn, how are you doing?

Yes, I've been really good about bringing lunch. As for yoga, I already told DH that I'm going to tomorrow morning's class at the Y so don't expect me to be available until afterwards :)

Hmm, what I learned this week... I thought this was pretty interesting, even though I think DH & I do most of this already (we are not gluten free). I'm going to keep following over the next few weeks to hear how she breaks them down.

10 Ways to Eat Real Food on a Budget *warning: the author mentions her kids briefly*

I'm doing pretty good. Thanks for asking!

Good job on bringing your lunch and awesome job on telling DH you're going to yoga tomorrow. I hope you enjoy it. 

That is a pretty cool article. Like you, I'm already doing a lot of that stuff, including being gluten-free. But it looks like it could be interesting and its always a good reminder!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imageIgoo0304:
    Igoo0304: Even though you weighed yourself early, do you still weigh in on Friday? Have you continued with riding your exercise bike every night? How's the cutting back on salt going? Good luck getting through the weekend and avoiding eating out and avoiding the bloat!

Thank you! 

I decided to skip weighing this morning since I'm in a grouchy mood. As of yesterday, I've lost just over a pound this week. I'm a little disappointed, but at least it's still a loss! I've done at least a half hour of cardio (usually the bike) every night this week.

The salt is killing me! I've been tracking it on MFP, and I think being aware of it is making me crave more salt! I went over my goal yesterday, but I haven't been adding any extra salt in cooking. 

I think that skipping a weigh in is fine. But good job on losing that pound! Like you said, at least you're losing. Keep up the good work on exercising, I'm impressed with your motivation.

I always find it's harder to resist a food if I know I can't have it. Like you said, trying to watch your salt intake makes you want it more! You can do it, keep trying!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imagekookie1287:
    Hey Jen and other healthy living ladies. Hope you have all had a good week. kookie1287: Are you still using your fitbit everyday? Have you and your new workout buddy been going to the gym consistently? Still avoiding fast food? Good luck this weekend on trying to make healthy snack choices and not eating out of boredom. I am still going strong with using the fitbit! I just clip it onto my waist band and check my steps randomly throughout the day. My goal is to get 5000 a day right now. Eventually I will bump it up 1000 steps every few weeks/month. My workout buddy and I are hitting the gym for the first time together today. We both work out with the same trainer on opposite days so this is the first time we can do it. Hopefully we will keep this up and maybe do a Fri Sat schedule together. I have done really well with avoiding fast food, although DH and I are going to order pizza tonight. It's Friday, I can have one night, right?!?! I think I will be ok this weekend since DH is going to be home for the most part. He umpires so he's gone a lot now which doesn't help with boredom eating. Since its supposed to rain all weekend that has pretty much put a halt on baseball for the next few days.

I'm glad that the fitbit is still working and keeping you moving. I think having the goal of upping your steps weekly or monthly is a good idea. And I hope you have fun at the gym tonight with your new buddy!

I think that a Friday night pizza is completely acceptable. Enjoy it!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• imagenyahsbabyblues:

Hi All!  I asked if I could join last week but it was late in the day and I'm not sure if anyone noticed my post.  This is my first real week posting.

I'm doing ok, finding it hard not to snack at night.  I've learned that is my biggest obstacle!  I've also learned that I have NO willpower, and will really have to fight that. Haven't weighed myself today (too scared because I had pasta and breadsticks last night), but I have lost around 2 pounds in the last 2 weeks.  Slow going, but I can't complain.  Still up 15 pounds from my loss in December, and 45 pounds from my pre-pg weight 5 years ago!

I've been doing good about using my treadmill to try and work off excess calories, but my knee has been giving me a bit of trouble, so I'm heading out later to buy new shoes.  If you have any good recommendations, then please let me know!  I made a separate post asking for suggestions.

Kookie- I'm a boredom eater too :(  If you figure out how to counteract that, then please let me know!

Have a good weekend everyone! 

Welcome to the check-in! I hope you find the encouragement you need here to keep striving for a healthier you. Good job on using the treadmill, I hope your knee doesn't give you too much pain. 

As for night time snacking, I really have no advice as that is a big weakness of mine. All I want to do is eat!!! I do recommend having healthy snack options in your house though, in place of the bad ones. That way, when you go for a snack, you will only have the choice of something good. 

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"