March 2013 Moms

this storm has things all messed up.......

So we live in Missouri and it's a mess here. Snow, ice, sleet oh my!!!

I'm suppose to be induced at 6am tomorrow,1 week before my due date because of pre e. Well I get a call from the doctor this evening telling us to not leave for the hospital until the hospital calls us. Because of the "blizzard" they are very behind on the scheduled inductions. Which I totally understand because they were showing videos of the interstate that runs right passed the hospital and it was literally a parking lot. Some people were stranded there for 3 hours!!

I was all prepared and had my nerves in check until all this happened. Now I'm starting to get very anxious! As much as I wanted the pre e to stay away and for this LO to come on it's own, I was content with the fact that it wasn't gonna go down that way. Now having to play the waiting game just has me nervous.

Ok rant over!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: this storm has things all messed up.......

• I'm sorry you're stuck waiting. That would make me uneasy, too. If I were you, I would do something special for myself to pass the time and enjoy the extra relaxation at home. Take a hot bath, have someone give you a back rub, go to bed super early, watch a movie and snack, just whatever you feel like. You've got a little extra time, so relax and enjoy.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLicia&Wayne:
    I'm sorry you're stuck waiting. That would make me uneasy, too. If I were you, I would do something special for myself to pass the time and enjoy the extra relaxation at home. Take a hot bath, have someone give you a back rub, go to bed super early, watch a movie and snack, just whatever you feel like. You've got a little extra time, so relax and enjoy.

I agree.  Try and relax, you cannot control the weather.  Your baby will be here before you know it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • One positive is that at least they gave you a heads up on the situation.  You will be more comfortable waiting at home then waiting all day at the hospital.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Where in MO do you live? I'm outside Kansas City in Lee's Summit and it's an absolute mess here with the weather too, my OB closed the office yesterday so I'm having to be "squeezed in" today for my 37 week appointment! What makes it worse is I got snowed in at my parent's house so I'm having to spend the night away from my BF so close to our due date
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"