October 2013 Moms

GTKY-Engagment/Wedding Rings!

Since we shared "How we met" and "Wedding Dresses", I think it's only proper to show off our bling!!!

Any special significance? Did your DH pick it out himself?

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

Re: GTKY-Engagment/Wedding Rings!

• After getting his tux picked out, I dragged him across the street to get my ring! I was rocking a fake ring due to some financial issues that we had earlier.

I walked in and pointed to what I wanted and than customized it. It had a round cut, and I wanted a princess cut. DH even upgraded it to a Legacy diamond!

I absolutely love my ring!

photo ring_zps237918b8.jpg

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

•  This is almost exactly my ring--round center stone (4 prongs) with baguettes on the sides, set in platinum.

It;s my dream ring. My grandmother has the same ring and I always loved hers, which I told DH and he remembered.

• Loading the player...
  • No special story - he actually bought it from his ex boss who had been carrying it around for ten years because he broke up with his girlfriend before he could propose. He'd asked me if I was okay with having a ring he didn't pick out himself but he got a really great deal on it so it was a big motivator on THIS ring.

Honestly I can't imagine having another one, even if it's nothing like what I would have picked if I could have.

https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/204387_10150155993585824_2860561_o.jpg 

ETA: I suck at the resizing thing. -- EFF THIS. It's now clicky.

• DH actually proposed with just a solitaire.  He told me to go design a ring myself.  He did amazing and knew me too well :)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  •  I had shown DH a picture of a ring I liked about 6 months before he proposed. I was surprised he actually got it!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He took my bf to help him design a ring. All he knew was that I like art deco styles.

My Heart!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awwwww, CRUD... I don't know how to post a picture. :(

Hubby proposed after he had been away with the military 5 months. I had no idea, we had not discussed rings AT ALL. He designed this all on his own and to top it off, one of my side stones if from the ring that his dad proposed to his mom with. (She got an upgrade in the last 20 years) haha. 

• He proposed with this beautiful, simple solitaire and we picked out the wedding band together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH proposed, and then we went ring shopping together. Good thing he did this because we have very different tastes, and I probably would've disliked the ring he picked out. Here is a photo of both of our rings :)

• DH proposed with a ring he designed. It is a round cut with three round diamonds on each side that descend in size. Two of those diamonds are from a pair of earrings his grandparents have his mother. My band is a pave setting we found on a trip to lake Tahoe.
    I would post a pic but I am mobile bumping.
    Charlotte 12.3.09
    Madeline 6.24.11
    Eleanor 9.30.13
  • DH and I picked out my ring together after we found out we were expecting. I kept pushing for a smaller diamond, but he kept pushing for bigger. I love it!!

Not the best photo, but it gives the general idea. DH picked out my engagement ring. The wedding band we found together. I love them!

imageimage
  • we both went shopping together.  i love it!  i got a custom made wedding band to go with it.

• DH picked out the engagement ring, but he knew I liked the 3 stone setting. We picked out our bands together at the same time.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • imageCousinVicki:

we both went shopping together.  i love it!  i got a custom made wedding band to go with it.

That's the same as I have.  My husband's cousin is a jewelry designer so she made it for me. 

imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • This was given to us from DH's grandmother, she got it, and never wore it, it was originally gold, I wear silver, so we had it dipped.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 2/4/13 IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!!  DD born Oct. 9, 2013 via c-sectionAnniversary

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Crap, I can't get a pic on here right now, but it is a three stone setting, in white gold with open detailing on the sides. I hinted a bit before we got engaged and he listened : also, he proposed at a comedy club! I love that. We both have a weird sense of humor so that worked for us :

Newly upgraded, I inherited the center stone from my grandma and DH got it reset for me for Christmas.  The setting is almost identical to the original setting that DH picked out alone.  They couldn't put the new stone in the old setting because it was significantly larger.

GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dh picked out my engagement ring, we picked out our wedding bands together. It's exactly what I always wanted :) 

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  •  

My husband and I went shopping together for a long time before stumbling across this ring.  Once I saw it I knew I wanted it.  Unfortunately we originally found it in a high end jeweler and the price was way beyond what I was going to let my husband spend.  He was able to find it through a 'chain' jewelry store and even convinced the woman to convince me that she was unable to get it.  Successfully convinced that i couldn't get the ring I picked out two alternatives and when he proposed I was completely SHOCKED when I saw that it was the ring I wanted.  My band matches.  My husbands wedding band is my Great-Grandfathers and is going to become a family heirloom. My stone is actually a marquise cut.

• My ring was DH's grandmas ring. If I had picked a ring, it would have been platinum, and a little bit bigger diamond, but my ring has a lot of meaning and value behind it, so I don't mind the color so much. DH's grandfather proposed to his grandma on Christmas eve, which is when we got engaged (DH did not know this at the time). The diamond is the original diamond, and the setting is from his grandparent's 50th Anniversary. Sorry for the blurry pic!

BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We set a date in April and we went together to get my ring in August. Hmm, the picture didnt post.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecg2307:

We set a date in April and we went together to get my ring in August. Hmm, the picture didnt post.

• I love my ring. It's a Scott Kay setting with a radiant cut diamond.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#4 1/19/13 ~ due 10/2/13 ~ hoping for our rainbow baby!
    BFP#3 8/14/12 ~ missed m/c ~ D&C 9/25/12 at 10w1d
    Hannah-10/25/08

The main stone is aquamarine.  I didn't want the traditional diamond. I never get to wear my engagement ring because of work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ok so I loss my wedding band after about a year, but found my engagement ring (loss on my wedding day) around that time. We were 20 and in college when we got engaged so it is simple but very meaningful to me. DH wants to upgrade it but I am kind of attached...I loved my wedding band also because it had crosses on it and was an exact match to DH's. Hopefully I will reunite with it one day.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"