Breastfeeding

Any suggestions?

My 8 month old doesn't want to nurse during the day - we have been trying to have more skin-to-skin time and I'm trying to nurse in a spot with less distractions but she keeps arching her back and trying to escape.

We do BLW for solids and she's eating 3 meals of solid food a day, so I thought maybe she wasn't hungry but when I offer her a pumped bottle she's all over it. 

She currently nurses 2x at night, and up to 5x during the day. For the last couple of days she's only nursed 3x during the day and she's been pretty grumpy in the afternoon (I think because she's hungry) so I've been giving her a bottle.

Ideas?

image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage

Re: Any suggestions?

• Is it possible that she's teething?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Maybe - she's already cut her bottom two teeth - but she doesn't seem to be drooling more, I can't feel any coming in and she's not showing any of the signs she did last time. But that was my first thought too, maybe they are on their way.
    image"">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image"">

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe look up some stuff about nursing strikes. Some babies go through periods when they just don't want to nurse. I didn't realize that with my son, and he weaned at around 10 months because I didn't know what was going on. Keep trying to nurse and eventually she should start nursing better again for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"