Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Must have Items

Can you share two items in your life that are now a "must have"that have helped you as a mom? Pacy clip, gyro bowl etc...
Met my husband in 2002
Married my Husband and Best Friend in 2006
Our precious son born October 2011
Found out pregnant with #2 in April 2014
No Heartbeat found May 2014....
D&E done May 30th 2014
BFP 8/20/14 - EDD May 1st 2015! :)
image"">

Re: Must have Items

• A fan for her room to create white noise and a couple of good babysitters.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Paci clip (used for paci and toys, also got a sippy one, saved many would be lost items).  Space saver high chair (started using it right after she was born and still using it today).
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • A comfortable baby carrier
  • Child locks and baby gates. We have so many...

• good wine

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageabartow:

good wine

she said TWO things!  LOL  Let's add chocolate.

No, seriously--- it truly depends on the age you are looking at.  I mean, even play doh at my son's ages makes life easier. 

Like pp--a space saving high chair is awesome---and portable for visits to others

A good diaper bag that you can fit things in without it being crazy bulky (like a messanger bag)

• imageorangecurls:
    A comfortable baby carrier

This. The Ergo and Moby are my two favorite baby items, hands down.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This totally depends on what age you're asking about. Currently DS is 15 months. Our Tommee Tippee paci clips are awesome. I bought a Playtex one first that broke after 2 weeks but the TT ones have held up for months. 

And the Gyro bowls probably won't really be useful to us for quite a while. I've heard they work well at not spilling, but if baby shakes it, everything falls out. I really love the Munchkin snack catcher bowls. Not perfect, but pretty good at keeping crackers/Cheerios inside.

One of my very favorite things is the Tommee Tippee insulated sippy cups (the straw ones). They are the most leak-proof ones I've found! I think I got them at BRU. They're a pain to put together since there's so many parts, but totally worth it cuz most straw sippies leak.  

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• imageabartow:

good wine

LOL, this! 

But seriously, depending on how old your LO is, we got a great use of her exersaucer (Evenflo Splash) and the Jeep Renegade.Life saver for me at home.

• Yes 

If you can afford it, a nice fish tank or two. We have 3, one of which is in DD's room. She loves her "fishies" and if she's in a mood, it's our best re-direct for her, and in the mornings when she wakes up, she talks to her fish in her room and keeps her happier. 

If you're not into real fish/upkeep my DS has a fake fish from Cracker Barrel. It's a fish bowl with a screw on cap so you put water in and the fish hangs from a clear string and moves when you press his button. The tank changes color too so little man loves going over and pressing the top. For older kids my sister tells her kids that the button is the fish alarm clock and it wakes them up. They totally think its real!
  • Pack n Play...I put him in this when I need to shower, used it for vacations and to stay at relatives during a power outage.  

A lovey.  My baby has a blankie that he loves, my older kids have a stuffed animal. These have gotten us thru sickness, tantrums, entertained in doctors appointments.   

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My Ergo (before that Moby Wrap) and her sippy cups (she is so independent).

The one thing that keeps my baby the happiest is her big brother!  Don't know what she is going to do when he is in school next year. She just adores him!

• Our highchairs are probably the one thing we couldn't do without on a day to day basis.  The girls also love their Dreamlights and lovies and those make bedtime easier.  And I use my Magic Bullet every day to make them smoothies, which has become the easiest way to get some fruits, veggies, protein and calcium in them in one shot.
  • Our dog is by far the most help to me. She does a preliminary clean up of any dropped food at mealtimes. She is the ultimate cheererupper her "kisses" fix anything and everything, or at least distract enough to move on from anything upsetting. She gets hugged first thing every morning and throughout the day. They are best friends and endlessly entertaining to each other. I love watching them play together and love on each other. So precious.
    Breastfeeding has been a big help also financially, emotionally, nutritionally, and psychologically. I've been amazed by how comforting it is whenever anything is wrong a bumped head, tired, hungry, thirsty. Better than any pacifier, which we don't use anyway.
    Probably not the answers you were looking for, but there it is. Also, wouldn't want to do parenthood without my husband. Sometimes it feels like raising another child with all his manisms, but he definitely makes up for it by being an awesome Daddy.
  • When she was little, her swing and swaddling blankets. These days, walk-through gates and lots of books.

Jess & Adam, married 2009, precious Audrey born in 2011. BFP 1/6/13, 6-wk MMC discovered at 9 wks 2/11/13. D&C 2/18/13, second D&C 4/23/13 for retained placenta.
    BFP 8/24/13!! EDD 5/1/14, delivered healthy and sweet Zoey Leanne on 5/5/14 by repeat c-section.
  • Video Monitor and a good carrier (Moby and then Ergo)
  • It totally depends on the age range you're talking about. My list of most useful items changes as DS gets older.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • space saver highchair, weePOD, Ikea Easel, mega blocks, LIBRARY CARD, gymnastics at the YMCA, California Baby bubble bath (with wand), swaddling blankets, sleep sack, tommy tippee bibs, radio flyer wagon
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Overall favorite/can't live without them now items are:

Uppababy GLuxe stroller

Summer Infant Baby Touch monitor

Specific time related must have items:

03 months: a wide variety of swaddle blankets and swaddle devices and a DH willing to share middle of the night feeds and all household responsibilities

36 months: food processor for homemade pures and the Magic Sleepsuit once swaddling was done

69 months: leap frog learning table, vtech walker and alphabet train

912 months: bubbles and lots of books 

1215 months: a lot of patience, mega bloks, and bathtub foam letters

1518 months: the afore mentioned Tommee Tippee straw cups, puzzles, and a new baby brother to love :

Sick kid must haves for me: humidifier, nose frida, temporal scanner, two backup bottles of saline drops in the medicine cabinet and a stash of PBS shows in the dvr

Now that I have 2 under 2 my latest new item must haves: minivan and a Joovy Caboose double stroller
  • Our swing and bouncy seat.
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • With toddlers...a dust buster! They are the messiest things on the planet. 

Babies...every 3 months I had a "must have" and then they would outgrow it  

• lovey & books

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"