June 2011 Moms

Easter Basket ideas?

If you do an Easter basket, or similar, do you know what kind of things you plan to put in there this year?  I picked up a set of toddler forks, a couple of books, some yogurt melts and planning a few other toys/clothes.  So, just wondering what you might have up your sleeve this year. 

(I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit, but I'm trying to be prepared before my scheduled c-section on March 4th.)

Re: Easter Basket ideas?

• When my neices and nephews were little, my sister gave them summer stuff. I particularly remember a minnie mouse bathing suit and a small pail and bubbles and stuff one year for my niece. She has done the same for my kids and it's a nice change of pace from candy (I know, there are die-hard candy folks out there shuddering at this!).

From the bunny himself, we'll probably have similar to your list for DD along with goldfish and stickers and bubbles. Maybe some sunglasses or a summer hat too. For DS, probably a small lego and not sure what else yet.

Good luck to you!! Exciting!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejc&cat:

When my neices and nephews were little, my sister gave them summer stuff. I particularly remember a minnie mouse bathing suit and a small pail and bubbles and stuff one year for my niece. She has done the same for my kids and it's a nice change of pace from candy (I know, there are die-hard candy folks out there shuddering at this!).

From the bunny himself, we'll probably have similar to your list for DD along with goldfish and stickers and bubbles. Maybe some sunglasses or a summer hat too. For DS, probably a small lego and not sure what else yet.

Good luck to you!! Exciting!

I did pick up a new bathing suit for him, but bubbles are a great idea.  He loves those. 

• Loading the player...
  • DD will be getting an electric toothbrush, lol. She loves mine
    Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • I think we're getting DD some animals for her Little People Zoo Talkers, Yogurt melts, pouches and a few pieces of candy.
  • imageM&M227:
    I think we're getting DD some animals for her Little People Zoo Talkers, Yogurt melts, pouches and a few pieces of candy.

We're giving a lot of fruit pouches as well. 

• Oh my goodness, I have not even thought about it!  I do have a t-shirt in hiding that I was saving for his bday but DH looked at it last week and said he should fit into any time now.  So maybe that will go in there.  And of course DH will insist that a chocolate bunny be put in his basket Confused  I guess I will need to start shopping for other ideas!
  • Mostly beach supplies. I already picked up a basket for the sand, some buckets and shovels and a few of those shapes. Planning on adding a sunblock, hat, new cover up and her own little kite (she loves our big one)

photo a1c2c501-51d6-4155-bc5d-e15072d2426d_zps1135e754.jpg 

**Siggy Challenge What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives**

• I was at a store today and walked through the Easter decorations aisle. I saw some very inexpensive things to put into the basket like plastic bracelets and necklaces, so I'll probably pick up some of those at a later date for her basket. 

Some other random ideas:

Books
    Wind up bunnies/ducks
    Bubble bath
    Regular bubbles
    Sunglasses
    Sun hat
    Coloring books
    Crayons (DD also loves the washable bath crayons)

I think I'll probably get her another Mylar balloon because she has been enjoying the one I bought her for Valentine's Day. 

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Pretty much the same as everyone else.

Books, crayons, some alphabet workbooks (she loves the alphabet. ha!), fruit pouches, and maybe an Easter outfit. I know she'll get some candy and toys from her grandparents, so I'm not worried about that. Plus, I feel like I tend to over-due holidays, and I really don't want to make that a habit!

Since you liked PP's idea of bubbles, perhaps you could get some sidewalk chalk? It's messy but so much fun! Tennis shoes, balls for outside, socks, new pj's, tooth brush.... I know PinTrest has a bunch of pins about "toddler Easter basket ideas." I will see if I can find it. Are you on the FB group? I can probably link it for you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemagnoliablossom00:
    Pretty much the same as everyone else. Books, crayons, some alphabet workbooks she loves the alphabet. ha!, fruit pouches, and maybe an Easter outfit. I know she'll get some candy and toys from her grandparents, so I'm not worried about that. Plus, I feel like I tend to overdue holidays, and I really don't want to make that a habit!Since you liked PP's idea of bubbles, perhaps you could get some sidewalk chalk? It's messy but so much fun! Tennis shoes, balls for outside, socks, new pj's, tooth brush.... I know PinTrest has a bunch of pins about "toddler Easter basket ideas." I will see if I can find it. Are you on the FB group? I can probably link it for you.

I'm not on the FB page, but probably should be. I like the chalk idea and crayons coloring books. There's a lot of great ideas here. Thanks ladies!!!
  • Kohls was having a really good toy sale the other day and I got a bunch of small toys for $5 a piece.  I also got some stickers and I am considering a piece of chocolate

imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"