Working Moms

HOLY COW!! Hats Off to those who work 8+ hours!!

So my DH and I have moved again back to where we were from (he's military) and I work in the corp. offices at a bank (so back in the office, no more cushy work at home for me) and my commute would be 30 minutes if I can get my butt out of bed at 5:30 and leave at 6:30 but I usually leave at 7:15 so I get in around 8:15 and leave work around 4:30ish to pick up DS from daycare by 5:30pm and he's STIL one of the last ones to leave and home at 5:45. I am BEAT!!! 

I know I've been working the whole time but I just want to say it, to ALL MOMMYS whose commutes are over 30 minutes, work 8 hours, still pump and BF hats OFF! Hell, To ANY MOMMY who works, commutes, FF OR BF hats off!! It's hard work (not that staying at home isn't hard).. I'm just saying KUDOS to all mothers that try so hard no matter what they do!!

OK. ENOUGH of my rambling.. My brain got fried this week.  Can you Tell ?!?!

I feel like Carol Burnet-- Where's the wine? :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HOLY COW!! Hats Off to those who work 8+ hours!!

• imageLeahCK:

LOL! I say this every night.

I leave my apartment every morning at 730 and get home at around 7 (this includes my 40 ish minute railroad commute each way)-- and I am sure others on this board can relate.

Working mommies rule-- whatever their hours are.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Yay! SO glad to hear I'm not the only one fried! I work 9 hour days with a one hour commute each way and BF/pumped until DS was 8 months. DH wonders why I'm so tired LOL.
    Thank you and your husband for his service!
    Army veteran's wife here.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagebrettsmama:
    Yay! SO glad to hear I'm not the only one fried! I work 9 hour days with a one hour commute each way and BF/pumped until DS was 8 months. DH wonders why I'm so tired LOL. Thank you and your husband for his service! Army veteran's wife here.

I'm so glad someone else feels like that!! Thank you guys for your service as well!! My husband has been in 18 years. I work 9 hours on a good day. 

• I'd be tired just sitting in a chair if I were 75 weeks pregnant. You must be huge. ;)
  • Did you live in Hawaii? I hope I'm not mixing up my i-net strangers. I just remember being envious of a Hawaiian lifestyle.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • All I can say is thank you for this post.
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sangria's in my right hand Wink
  • This will be me in a few months and thinking about how to handle it is the most stressful thing on my mind about having a baby. 1 hr commute each way...gone from the house 7am to 6pm. But I'm gonna do it! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • I agree with PP this will be me soon enough.. and during busy season there are nights I come home at 7 after being at work for 9 hours and work until 10-1030.. I'm scared about this, so this post makes me feel a little empowered!

And while my husband and I don't serve, I thank your husband for his service!

This to all of our military and their families! :o)

IAmPregnant Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagegroovygrl:
    I'd be tired just sitting in a chair if I were 75 weeks pregnant. You must be huge. ;)

lol

• imageHelenahhandbasket:
    imageLeahCK:

LOL! I say this every night.

I leave my apartment every morning at 730 and get home at around 7 (this includes my 40 ish minute railroad commute each way)-- and I am sure others on this board can relate.

Working mommies rule-- whatever their hours are.

Yes!

We leave the house at 7:20 and get home around 6 3 days a week and Tuesday and Thursday are gym days so we are home at 7:20 Tuesdays and 8:15 Thursdays. I am dead a lot on the weekend.

• I completely agree. I got my full time job when I was a week pregnant (had no clue) and that first trimester was the toughest thing I have done. I leave at 7am, drive an hour to work, there til 5-5:30 and then it's an hour home. Any mom that works all day and takes care of her children like all of you ladies do are true super heroes IMO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "The most important thing she'd learned over the years was that there was no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one. " - Jill Churchill
  • I'm returning to work in a few weeks and am extremely nervous how I can handle this new schedule and working a 9 hr shift + caring for an infant.  

Wake up at 5am, get ready for work, bf LO at 6am and get her ready for the day, drop her off at daycare by 7:30am (20 - 30 mins drive), then public commute to work by 8:30am, then return home by 6:30pm (if there are no hiccups with the public commute and traffic on freeway).  Hew...

Im so nervous!! 

• imagegroovygrl:
    I'd be tired just sitting in a chair if I were 75 weeks pregnant. You must be huge. ;)

I have GOT to change my "tag line".. I don't keep up with it... He's now 8 months old on Saturday!! LOL.. thanks.. I needed that laugh.. 

• imageLoCarb:
    Did you live in Hawaii? I hope I'm not mixing up my i-net strangers. I just remember being envious of a Hawaiian lifestyle.

Nope.. not in Hawaii yet.. heading there in the beginning of next year!! He starts there in June (I work). No need for us to relo if he's depl. He'll settle in first then we'll all move together.!! YAY.. can't wait. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"