October 2012 Moms

Those who do nighttime routine by themselves

Those who do nighttime routine by themselves

Get major props from me. DH is still at work (8 PM) so I did both drop off and pickup today (he normally picks her up). We got home around 5:30 and even though she was in bed by 7:15 the exhaustion of nursing her, ordering take-out (lol - cooking was out of the question), feeding the dog and letting him out, bathing the baby, a little bit of play time, and rocking her to sleep... man I am beat.

But I had to do it because tomorrow after work I am meeting my friend's 2 week old and DH has nighttime duty by HIMSELF and I am so excited about that (meeting the baby, not DH's monumental task) 

DD 9/15/12

Re: Those who do nighttime routine by themselves

• It is VERY exhausting ... Now throw an 18 month old into the mix too. Ok I have to go pick my sleep kids up off the livingroom floor and put them in bed so I can eat, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Argh. Seriously. Plus the three year old and a sick mama. Booooo.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • But we do NOT bathe the baby at night. When she is older we will. And she has no routine, so it is just dd1 that does.
    Birthday

• imageMrs.G123:
    But we do NOT bathe the baby at night. When she is older we will. And she has no routine, so it is just dd1 that does.

We only have a very vague routine. Basically she's a mess if she isn't asleep by 8 and closer to 7:30 is ideal so we have to cram a bunch of crap in there whichever way we can once we get home from work, lol.

The bath was a disaster of epic proportions. I normally bathe with her but DH helps me into and out of the tub because I am paranoid of dropping her. I decided to use her tub tonight and she kept flopping all over the place and trying to drown herself (happily but still).

BABIES MAN! They are nuts. 

DD 9/15/12
  • I do it myself fairly often but I'm a SAHM...I give props to YOU for handling that after working a full day!

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Yeah DH is out of town this week so both AM and PM routines are on me (including daycare transportation), although my mom came over for couple hours today and she will do it again tomorrow.  Those 2 hours my mom was here were a great relief today, especially since last night LO was a big fuss!  I don't even try baths on weekdays - maybe when he gets older and gets into things.  For now, I just wipe down his face/hands/feet/neck on twice daily on weekdays.  And my cats have basically been neglected this week!
  • Honestly, it's probably more difficult if you don't do it often. My H is gone a lot of nights so I have bedtime routine down solid with a 2.5 year old and 4 month old. Its just routine now and if he's home he's almost in the way lol. that's why i think bedtime routines are really important...I know the timeframe of the light at the end of the tunnel! But yea if both are extra cranky and i don't feel good, it sucks.
    "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together" Elizabeth Taylor DD 05/10 DS 10/12
  • I did it this past weekend for 3 days while DH was away on business. It was the first time I did it by myself since I went back to work. He travels once a month for 34 days at a time, I might need to call in the reserves if this kid doesn't start sleeping better!

And I am impressed you even ordered food. I think I pulled a frozen meal out if the freezer and had some ice cream!
  • I do so at least once a week. More when dh is oot. It sucks. Especially when both babies start screaming at the same time. I just moved a swing in their room to try to occupy one baby while I get the other to bed.
    D & R were born at 37w5d.

• It can be a exhausting which is why as soon as B goes to sleep i follow him. It is rare that i stay up past 8 or 830p anymore:) 

Its such a routine that ive become used to doing while on mat leave. now  that i am working i am somewhat adjusted. as bad as some days nothing beats that first month exhaustion!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Its not too bad. B has kind of fallen into a routine by himself. He naps around six till about 645 then eats and is asleep by 8. I also dont bathe at night, that is usually a mid morning thing for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would be in a loony bin without Dh. He takes on dd1 with bedtime and gets her dressed in morning. That way I can pump and bf and do homework or get ready myself.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do it Monday-Thursday by myself while DH is at work. Though it has gotten easier, it is still tough to do. Props to single mommas out there that do it all day every day. You all are amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"