May 2013 Moms

Teachers and other working mommies

Are you working up until the baby is born?  I keep being asked when I am leaving...
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Teachers and other working mommies

• Yes, I am working up until the baby is born.  I own my own business so I have no choice. :-)
  • I am but it's only because my district doesn't offer the option to leave any earlier unless you are put on bed rest or deemed unable to perform the duties of the job by your OB. Otherwise I would be leaving a bit earlier!
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan to teach for as long as possible, but my last day will definitely be May 10th (my due date) if he isn't here by then.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Due date is May 9 and my last day is April 26. So almost 2 weeks before my due date. My district just approved my leave last night. Yay!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We haven't set the c/s date yet (most likely around 4/25), but I plan to work until the Friday before.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejmorta04:
    I plan to teach for as long as possible, but my last day will definitely be May 10th (my due date) if he isn't here by then.

This is what I planned on doing.  My last day would be the same as I am due May 11th.  Whew! Ok! I don't feel so dumb now.  I literally get asked daily when my last day is, and I think "ugh when he gets here".  Maybe people are assuming I have a schedule c section or induction.

• I am hoping to take off two weeks before. I am having a hard time getting around the classroom now, I can't imagine how April will be! I also work over an hour from the hospital and I do not want to go into labor at school. I also would like some down time before baby comes. I hope they approve it! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejmorta04:
    I plan to teach for as long as possible, but my last day will definitely be May 10th (my due date) if he isn't here by then.

I am doing the exact same thing! Except for me it's if she isn't here by May 10th. We're getting close ladies Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I need a c-section that they are going to do at 37 weeks due to risk of uterine rupture.  Therefore, I'm planning to teach right up to the Friday before they do the amnio the following Monday (to check for lung maturity).  They'll take her the next day if all is developed.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• I luckily work at a school that offers paid maternity leave, but it doesn't start until the baby is born. I could take off earlier and use personal days, or sick days with a doctor's note. But I'll probably just work up until the baby comes. 
  • Right now my plan is to work until 39 weeks. That being said my DS was born at 38 weeks and I had to go part time at 34 weeks bc of low fluid levels. Here's hoping this time is better
    First pregnancy, no problems, beautiful DS 11/2010 BFP 5/12, 2 US with empty sac, one at 7.2 with fetal pole, empty sac at 8.2, D&C 6/12 BFP 8/24, it's a boy! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I plan on working until labor starts barring any complications.
  • I plan to work until I go into labor, but do have the option to work from home closer to my due date if I am not feeling well.
  • Yep, I want all my time for after I deliver.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagejackieb14:

imagejmorta04:

I am doing the exact same thing! Except for me it's if she isn't here by May 10th. We're getting close ladies Big Smile

May 10 is my last day as well unless for some reason she makes her debut early.  I've submitted my leave request letter last week!

• I asked my doctor about this at my last visit and she said they take everyone out at 36 weeks so I will be done April 15th and my due date is May 15th.  I wanted to work until April 30th but at least I will have time to relax away from my stress at work and set-up the baby's room, etc.

• With DD I went into labor while I was teaching kindergarten. Not fun at all.

This time I'm giving myself a week prior to my due date to relax and get a few things done ahead of time.

Last time was just pure craziness!!
    IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• I'm working up until three days before baby is born. I would work all the way up but the mom of the daycare kids I watch is a guidance counselor at the school so they will be out by then.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ha, I'll probably early labor from work. Kidding. Sort of. 
  • I'm not a teacher, but here's my plan. Like many of you, I plan to work until I deliver. I want to use my time for after the baby is born.

• With my son I worked up untill I went into labor on a friday evening. With this one my last day is May 17th and I'm due the 29th. I have seniors and in our school they get out a week before the other students so I want to make sure I get their grades completed AND my son was 1 week early. I have the time so I'm going to take it. With my son I remember being miserable the last few weeks wishing I could have taken time if given the opportunity.
    imageimageimage
  • I don't have the option of paid leave. My due date is a Sunday (the 5th), so I will probably not return for the 6th (Monday) if he isn't here by then. I also work 60 miles away from home so that has factored into the decision...I would probably work until I went into labor if I knew I could get to my hospital from work in a reasonable amount of time. 
  • I took 2 weeks off before DD 1 came, but for #2, I will likely work up to the due date.  I'm so nervous about it bc I'm a K teacher and worried my water will break at school!  I just keep trying to remember that I am doing this so I can have more time with my little one after she comes :)
  • I'm planning on working until the end, unless the doctor tells me otherwise.  I want to save all my leave for after she gets here.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

• I'm gonna do my best to work all the way through. I'll have er sub plans ready just in case too
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• The last day of school for students is May 24th. The last teacher day is May 28th. I am due May 29th. I plan to work until baby gets here, but I may use a sick day for the 28th if I have all my grades done and feel crappy.  

I am trying to be prepared for any possible scenario, if I need to leave work early I will be OK with that.  

ETA: I teach High School so the last 2 days are finals (super easy for teachers) and the last week will be review which can also be "sitting days" if I need them to be.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a teacher due May 3rd and working until April 26th.
  • I'm due may 20th and plan on working until about 38 weeks. And Im not going back.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes, I'm planning to work until the day before my scheduled c-section. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I am due May 22. Our last day of school is May 24. I am hoping to go as long as I can so I can use most of my leave time for the beginning of the school year.
  • Yep! I'm a grad student and I have a spring field season, so I'll definitely be working for as long as I can.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageumchase:
    In my district our leave doesn't start until the baby is born, so I have to work up till then. I sometimes worry about my water breaking in the middle of a lesson! I do have two personal days though, so I could use those two days before my due date. If she's late, I'd be right back until she makes her appearance

This is the same for me. I can use sick days too but I don't want to drain my supply.
  • imageumchase:
    In my district our leave doesn't start until the baby is born, so I have to work up till then. I sometimes worry about my water breaking in the middle of a lesson! I do have two personal days though, so I could use those two days before my due date. If she's late, I'd be right back until she makes her appearance

This is the same for me. I can use sick days too but I don't want to drain my supply.
  • imagemadwc08:
    I took 2 weeks off before DD 1 came, but for #2, I will likely work up to the due date.  I'm so nervous about it bc I'm a K teacher and worried my water will break at school!  I just keep trying to remember that I am doing this so I can have more time with my little one after she comes :)

This is my fear! I teach k too so I'm up and around all day! I don't want this to happen!! HAHA, if it does oh well I suppose! I plan on working until my due date.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"