February 2013 Moms

Team Green turned Pink

Hi Ladies! I don't usually post a lot on these boards, but I sure did read a lot. My favorite were all the birth stories - so I thought I would share mine.

It all started at 12:30 am on 2-16-13. I woke up with what I thought were "poop cramps". My husband and I had went out for pizza the night before, and I just thought it was not settling. Well I did go to the bathroom (a lot that night), but the cramping never stopped. So I decided to start timing my contractions. I headed to the couch to not wake my husband.

At first the contractions were about every 8 to 10 minutes apart. Not really painful at all, but more annoying. This continued through the night until 5 am when my husband got up to go to work. He asked if he was snoring, and I was like no and explained I was in labor. He started cleaning the house LOL!! At this point my contractions were 4 to 6 minutes apart while resting and 2 to 4 minutes apart while moving around. I decided to get into the shower then call the doctor.

I called the doctor around 7 am and was told to come on in. I honestly thought I was going to be sent home. Sorry ladies, but I found that the contractions really did not hurt. At least not like l thought they would. I was always told you would not be able to talk, breath or walk through them. I was joking around and being completely myself. So needless to say I was shocked when the nurse checked me and I was 6 cm dilated. She told me I was not going anywhere, and I answered back "are you sure?". I really truly thought it was a false alarm.

I was admited and in my room by 9 am with my epi on the way. My nurse said I should try natural since I was really not experiencing any pain. I was like... mmm no! I was fine at that point, but I did not know what 10 would be like. I was not mentally prepared for that. Good thing I wasn't - more on that soon.

The doctor came in around 1:30pm, and I was complete. Time to push! WOW! I was so excited. Finally!! Well pushing for me turned out to be a long process. So glad I had that epi now. The doctor said I had been pushing for far too long and said we needed to do something. By now I was pushing for 4 hours. She suggested the vacuum. I agreed. At this point I had no energy, and was passing out between pushes.

Things started to happen very fast now. The very large empty room was now crowded with medical staff. In 11 minutes all was explained. The baby was face first, stuck behind my pelvic bone, arms first and the cord wrapped once around the neck. She was perfectly fine!!! I was so happy!!!

Again, someone was looking after me. I had one very small tear and that was it. I was walking around and felt decent right away.

Greta Leigh was born on 2-16-13 at 5:41pm. She came in at 6lbs and 2 oz and was 20 in long. She was perfect!! All I could do was cry.

Re: Team Green turned Pink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"