March 2013 Moms

Coming home outfit for Moms

So, I have heard a lot about babies coming home outfits on here, but I want to know about the moms! 

I still don't know what I want to wear, because we plan on doing pictures, etc. I want to be comfortable, but also still look a little fashionable.

I am thinking leggings, since they adjust to size, and a cute long empire waist top.

Are you guys going cute or comfy? What are you planning on wearing when you are released from the hospital?  

Me: 30 | DH:34
Married: 08/04/12
DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

Re: Coming home outfit for Moms

• Maternity jeans and a nursing top that is more fitted than most maternity tops. My jeans have the secret fit panel, so they would fit even when not pregnant or postpartum.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • I'm going comfy.

I've got a nice pair of black maternity pants without the full panel waist, just the 4 inches of soft stretch. Pair those with a tank top and a cardi-wrap and I'm all set to both look comfortable, presentable and still nurse.

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm wearing a long maxi dress home. It seems more comfy than pants.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yoga pants! I'm going to for comfort.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Comfy all the way but still trying to look presentable in case DH or mom wants to capture a photo.  Yoga pants, long tank and cardigan.  Hair will either be in a ponytail or I'll throw it into a cute ballet bun (always makes my face look slimmer).  The only makeup I'm planning to have is my BB cream and a color stick that'll work for lips and cheeks and maybe a waterproof mascara since my eyelashes are so light you can't see them without it.
  • Breast feeding tank, yoga pants or stretchy tights (packed both) and cardigan bf wrap. I have the same thing for day 2. I'm not into wearing Jammie's with visitors. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm going comfy for sure. My Fav sweatpants and zip up hoodie. But we aren't doing any pics with me in them at the hospital and it will just be me and hubby at the hospital. Unless I happen to have her on one of the 5 days following my due date then it will be my mom and hubby. In laws are from Cali so they plan on coming here to Illinois mid April to be sure they get to see baby girl. I would be too afraid to wear jeans in case of stitches from tearing or from c section. To me that just sounds uncomfortable.
  • Yes, to me a dress is a lot more comfortable than jeans or leggings especially since (from what I hear) I'll be wearing a huge pad or diaper! LOL

Something loose is already in my hospital bag!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Haven't packed anything yet, but thinking comfy.

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• I think I'm going with black maternity (underbelly) yoga pants, a nursing tank and a long cardigan or wrap.  Comfy, yet presentable.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• I have sweats packed.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got a black maxi dress from Marshalls and a little cream cardigan to pair with it in case I'm cold. I thought it would be more comfortable just in case I end up having a c-section.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Yoga pants, nursing tank and a cardigan (cotton or sweater depending on weather). I'm not all that concerned with the wardrobe side- I'll probably do my hair (which entails drying with a brush) and makeup, I've never been the type that needed a dress for pictures, I'm a jeans/cute top/heels kind of girl and I'm not wearing that home from the hospital :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Ew, the thought of maternity jeans post-partum sounds awful. I would bring a soft, stretchy, loose pair of yoga pants. Just remember, everything is super swollen down there, your abdomen feels all bruised and squishy, and you won't want anything tight around your waist.

• Loose yoga pants, a nursing tank, and a zip up hoodie.
  • In my rush to pack, I sort of forgot about my coming home outfit.  I wore yoga pants, a nursing tank, and the same sweatshirt I wore to the hospital.  It was all I had.

We took pictures before we left, so we wore our jackets so I didn't care. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagedaylights1:
    I'm going 100 comfort. Vanity will not be on my mind at that point. I will be more focused on my LO and my sore vag with the huge diaper cradling it.

LOL!  I'm there with you.  Some comfy pants (probably black yoga), a tee-shirt and probably a zip-up sweatshirt!  I'm into fashion and looking cute but I doubt I will give two sh*ts that day!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yoga pants, nursing tank and a cardigan.
  • With DD I wore a maxi dress with pretty sandals. I'm going shopping this weekend to see if I find something cute and comfy to wear home. Wearing yoga pants or sweats to anywhere but the gym or around the house just isn't my style though.

Mr.&Mrs. Ash&Vic Est.1.21.2006 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm planning on wearing black yoga pants and a maternity t-shirt. This post made me think of Selfie who wore a mini dress leaving the hospital. Hah!
    Ella 8.6.11
    Carson 3.28.13
  • Yoga pants, nursing tank and a zip up hoodie will be my look! Lol
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Last time I really liked wearing tight fitting but stretchy clothes, so yoga pants and a fairly tight tank with a hoodie.  It seemed to keep everything in place (pad, jello belly, etc). 

I bought a new yoga pants/tank/hoodie outfit to go to the hospital with me but now I'm thinking that people might see a pad buldge through the pants because they're tight.  Tongue Tied  Better throw a longer shirt in too I guess lol

• Thanks for the reminder. I wasn't even thinking about myself! I guess I better get on it. lol I will probably do yoga pants of some sort and a tank. I want to be comfy, but my hospital trip is only about ten minutes. Still wanna look cute though. 
  • I am just going with jeans and a shirt.  I have a nice pair of dark denim jeans and some nice tops to choose from. So, I will just pick one of those. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"