October 2012 Moms

who uses full time daycare?

we start next week and I am feeling awful about it...

Re: who uses full time daycare?

• I do. It's hard those first few weeks for sure. I'm doing a bit better this time since DS is my second, but it still takes time to build trust with the daycare and such. Feel free to call as often as you need too and don't feel silly about asking for things or expressing concerns. It is super hard at first, but gets a bit easier with time. Hugs and good luck!
    DD - 7/15/09 DS - 10/21/12
  • I do - the first few days were hard, but it did get easier each day. I am very thankful that I don't have to do morning drop off, so I think that helps. Maybe ask daycare provider if you could call and check in on LO those first few days? Mine will occasionally send texts and picture messages to DH and I. That really helped me to know that she was smiling and playing while there. Good luck!

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I'm not gonna lie, it sucks, and that's even with me getting to see the kids every day on my lunch break. If you have the opportunity to visit during the day, do it. It makes being away from them so much easier for all of us.
    imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We start daycare Friday. I'm feeling pretty rotten about it too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I do. We started with a center but are switching to an in home provider in 2 weeks, which I am very excited about. Honestly I don't feel bad about it... then again I went to an in home provider myself starting at 6 weeks and turned out awesome, so it helps ;)
    DD 9/15/12
  • Although these responses make me feel a little bad for not feeling bad.

I read an article the other day around INFJ / INTJ often make good working moms because we compartmentalize the crap out of things. 

DD 9/15/12
  • imageRVASC811:
    imageStarry Again:
    Although these responses make me feel a little bad for not feeling bad.I read an article the other day around INFJ / INTJ often make good working moms because we compartmentalize the crap out of things.nbsp;
    Are you an f or a t? I never meet other intj's, just asking. Daycare isn't bad! She loves being there, actually, and they love her. The germs stink, so there's that, but pedi says she can get sick now or when she will miss school days, so...

I am an INFJ but I was an INTJ until a few years ago. Age has softened me. My homeboard on ProBoards has a TON of INTJs which is probably one reason I like it there.

https://pandce.****/thread/117797/post-myers-briggs-type

(recent poll we did about it) 

DD 9/15/12
  • I work in the same building as our daycare and it still sucks. But it does make you appreciate every moment together more. Hopefully you will have an opportunit to visit/ get photos etc. I see my little guy 2x a day for a few minutes each and w is always happy that makes me feel so much better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do. And while I hate it and wish I could be a SAHM, he's totally happy and well taken care of. I go see him on my lunch break on the days that I work close by (I switch between two clinics) and that helps. He seems to enjoy all the kids. The care providers just love on him all day long. So that makes me feel better. I think it's a lot harder on me than it is on him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just started last week.  I miss her so much, but she makes it all better when she's smiling and laughing as soon as I pick her up and start talking to her.  I called the day care during my lunch break the first couple of days, but now I'm doing a little better.  It's harder for us, more so than the babies.

Camille's Mommy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"