May 2013 Moms

Whoa wait... whats in there?

So at 17 weeks I was told we were having a girl. Now when she said that, I thought 1 it still a little early, 2 boys heart rates are generally lower and "hers" has always been below 145 (girls are typically 160 +). I AM totally NOT a myth believer. I think they are stupid, but I have always seen that people carrying boys tend to carry lower and girl carry higher. My LO is sitting very low. I am super curious now to find out next week at the Glucose test/ultrasound what baby actually is!

Has anyone her been told the baby was one thing and then it changed??

Re: Whoa wait... whats in there?

• My LO's heart rate was always high, 165+. He is all man. There is nothing but fun to that OWT. My boy also sits high too. Good luck at your appointment.

• I am def having a girl and carrying very low, in fact I get comments a lot on how low I am carrying. She also had a lower heart rate as well. She went against every myth there is. We swore we were having a boy due to all those old wives tales, we were very wrong! 

With that being said I have also heard stories of people being told one gender and then giving birth and being very surprised to find the opposite. So it happens! 

• Loading the player...
  • I was told at 16 weeks boy... His heart rate was always high too. Everyone said girl but the ultrasound was right... He was still a boy at 20 weeks and 24 weeks.
  • Ok good! Cause I don't like to believe the myths, but I am starting to wonder. If she is a girl, she has really enjoyed setting on my cervix and sending those "o so fun lightning shocks" *major sarcasm*! Love her though!
  • I'm carrying low and the HB has always been in the 143 - 150 range and she's all girl.  Those things are all old wives tales.
    My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told girl at 17w and he was ALL boy at 20w lol
  • imagewannabemommakristal:
    So at 17 weeks I was told we were having a girl. Now when she said that, I thought 1 it still a little early, 2 boys heart rates are generally lower and "hers" has always been below 145 girls are typically 160 . I AM totally NOT a myth believer. I think they are stupid, but I have always seen that people carrying boys tend to carry lower and girl carry higher. My LO is sitting very low. I am super curious now to find out next week at the Glucose test/ultrasound what baby actually is!
    nbsp;Has anyone her been told the baby was one thing and then it changed??
  • a good friend of mine was told girl early on and found out in a later u/s that it was a boy.

After 3 boys....they were excited for their 4th to be a girl...had the room painted pink and everything!

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageKateRN08:
    imagewannabemommakristal:
    So at 17 weeks I was told we were having a girl. Now when she said that, I thought 1 it still a little early, 2 boys heart rates are generally lower and "hers" has always been below 145 girls are typically 160 . I AM totally NOT a myth believer. I think they are stupid, but I have always seen that people carrying boys tend to carry lower and girl carry higher. My LO is sitting very low. I am super curious now to find out next week at the Glucose test/ultrasound what baby actually is! nbsp;Has anyone her been told the baby was one thing and then it changed??
    Heart rate thing is totally not true at all. I have seen many girls with low heart rates and many boys with high heart rates. I think people just carry differently too. I am carrying really low but I am team green. Two of my friends carry really high and they are both having boys. My guess is you are having a girl, but I guess it could have been too early. Stranger things have happened.

Yup, if you believed all that hype my daughter would be a boy. I even had an old Italian lady tell me "I have never been wrong and the way you are carrying it is 100% a boy... well later that night she was proven wrong! I am carrying totally different this time so we will find out in 9 weeks what this LO is!

• Both of my boys have had really high heartbeats.  OWT are fun but that is all they are. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"