December 2012 Moms

EBFing moms, how is your LO sleeping?

How often do they get up in the middle of the night to nurse?  DS fooled me into thinking he was going to do some long stretches without nursing for a couple nights (4-5 hrs), but now he's back to his usual 3 hrs between sessions, day or night. 

Re: EBFing moms, how is your LO sleeping?

• She goes to bed between 7 and 9 pm and nurses around 2am, then sleeps until 6 or 7am. She doesn't fully wake up for the 2am feed. Every baby is different. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We get about 5hrs in the first sleep period and then, usually, 3 in the second.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • She gets up to nurse anywhere between 1 and a half hours to 3. Once she did 4, it was awesome! DS got up every 2 hours most nights well past 1 year. His pedi said it was because he has such a fast metabolism.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • DD has given me a few 8 hour stretches in the past week, but usually goes 4-5, nurses, then another 4-6. She isn't super consistent yet, though. DS started giving me 6 hours at night consistently beginning at 8 weeks. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS goes down around 8:30 PM and is usually up by 2 AM for a 1 hour feeding/changing session, back down around 3 AM and up again at 5:30 AM for a second 1 hour feeding/changing session, then up for the day around 8 AM. I'm trying to change the 5:30 AM feeding to be just 30 min (one breast, not both) without a diaper change so I can get a bit more sleep. He just doesn't really go back to sleep well at 6 or 6:30 AM. Ugh. :)
  • We do a combo of breast and bottles of breast milk, but it's all breast milk...

Anyway, DD will generally sleep 6 and sometimes between 7 and 8. We've gotten lucky that she's a good sleeper, especially bc SO went back to work when she was 6 days old and I'm on my own at night.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• DD sleeps a 6hr stretch followed by a 3-4 hour stretch.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP#1:MC 8/20/2010| BFP#2:MC 7/9/2011| BFP#3:DD born 12/14/2012

• I just got a long stretch last night and it was heaven. But, On average she has had a five hour stretch that starts early so doesn't help much and then she does 3-4 hours after that. Im hoping the longer stretch keeps up, but I know 3-4 months was rough with DD1 with reverting back to frequent wakings, so I'm reminding myself it may not last. Every baby is different, and as soon as they seem consistent, they change it up again.
  • Elli was waking to nurse two 4 hour stretches at night for the longest time but this weekend she's started waking once after 5-6 hours and then once more after 2-3 hours. 

BabyFruit Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic          

J14 May Siggy Challenge

**Colleen Donaghy**

• We EBF. She nurses around 9-9:30, then goes to sleep for the night. Usually wakes up around 8 in the morning. Occasionally, she will wake up at 4am when DH gets up for work. But most of the time sleeps from 10-8. We are really lucky that she sleep so well, but I certainly don't expect it to last forever. We're enjoying it while we can :)
    Our Little Lady
    Avery - 8.2.07 | Asher - 5.12.10 | Audrey - 11.28.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Two hours during the day and it varies at night. She normally sleeps 28.
  • imageNoeliaV:
    We get about 5hrs in the first sleep period and then, usually, 3 in the second.

This exactly! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• imageNoeliaV:

This exactly! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• DD goes to sleep around 9pm and wakes up around 3-4am for first feeding and then around 6:30-7am.

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Same here. I've had a few 45 hour stretches in the first half of the night, but now we're back to 3. Regardless, he won't go back to sleep in his crib after 5 am, only will sleep on me. So frustrating since dd was such a good sleeper already at this point. I know, all babies are different....
  • Wow, I'm jealous of all of you. DS eats every 2 to 3 hours. He will usually go 3 hours for the first stretch, then 2 or 1 hour for the rest of the night. I don't even remember what sleep was really like. He likes to wake up for the day anywhere around 5 to 6am.
  • imageNoeliaV:
    This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCellis:
    Wow, I'm jealous of all of you. DS eats every 2 to 3 hours. He will usually go 3 hours for the first stretch, then 2 or 1 hour for the rest of the night. I don't even remember what sleep was really like. He likes to wake up for the day anywhere around 5 to 6am.

This is me except after the first stretch I'm lucky to get an hour.  I've been getting up around 2:30 am and for all intents and purposes I'm up for the day but too tired to be productive.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• We feed at 10ish, 2ish, and 6ish. We hardly ever get past 4 hours.
  • imageNoeliaV:
    This is us too. I noticed she usually gets tired around 8.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • My first was like that - very, very rarely slept more than 3 hours at a time.

This new little guy is a sleep champion.  He sleeps 7pm-2am regularly.  Eats at 2 and then sleeps until 6 when we all get up (toddler never sleeps past 6). 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My first two babies were up every 3 to 5 hours to eat, gradually going longer as they got older.

My third is a champion sleeper. She is 10 weeks and goes 9 or 10 hours straight most nights, and has been doing that since she was born, basically. She never sleeps less than 7.5 hrs straight. I'm counting my blessings because I remember the sleep deprivation with my older two! :
    ~~Kelly~~ Mommy to Aiden 6/2007 and Lilah 2/2010 www.kellybeans.wordpress.com BabyFetus Ticker
  • My 7 week old nurses every 1 to 2 hrs during the day and every 2 to 3 at night. I'm going back to work in a week; yikes!
  • imageObLaDi:
    My 7 week old nurses every 1 to 2 hrs during the day and every 2 to 3 at night. I'm going back to work in a week; yikes!

This sounds exactly like my DD! I think we've screwed up something in the beginning here by having her sleep in our arms and never alone. It's ok, because she'll only be this little for a short time and I'm gonna miss it when she's sleeping alone! 

• DD goes to bed around 8-8:30 p.m. and will usually sleep 5-6 straight hours then after I nurse her she will sleep 3-4 more hours.  She is an AWESOME sleeper compared to my two boys.  I don't think they slept for more than 3 straight hours until they were over a year old!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Every baby is so unique!
    ~~Kelly~~ Mommy to Aiden 6/2007 and Lilah 2/2010 www.kellybeans.wordpress.com BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageblowfish11:
    We EBF. She nurses around 99:30, then goes to sleep for the night. Usually wakes up around 8 in the morning. Occasionally, she will wake up at 4am when DH gets up for work. But most of the time sleeps from 108. We are really lucky that she sleep so well, but I certainly don't expect it to last forever. We're enjoying it while we can :

This is us too! Blessed with a good sleeper, but a hungry little man. He nurses every two hours All. Day. Long.
  • He eats every one or two hours during the day, 2 or 3 at night although sometimes in the early morning only 1 1/2.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"