January 2013 Moms

Period?

Hi girls!

Today I am 6 weeks and 4 days post childbirth. I started the mini pill exactly two weeks ago. I am breast feeding but only half of the time. The rest of the time we use formula. I haven't had post partum bleeding in over three weeks. I have however spotted lightly off and on since starting the new birth control. Today I started bleeding in what I would consider a medium to light day on a period with very small clots. Does that sound like a period even though I'm breast feeding or should I call the doctor?

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Period?

• Sounds like your period.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Damn... I had hoped she wouldn't show up for months. No such luck.

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

• Loading the player...
  • That is why I refuse to do the mini pill again.  I got my period after only being on it for like 2 weeks also last time.  The pill is one of the kinds that you have to take the exact same time each day no if ands or buts, and I could never remember to take it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry. That sucks!!! Stupid bleeding.
  • Yeah, two weeks ago, at 5 weeks after baby was born, I had three days of medium bleeding (with only spotting the week before that)...and then nothing. And not even any spotting so I'm confused if that was a period or just more after labor bleeding.

For once in my life I have no idea what my cycle is and it is driving me nuts! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I'm EBF and my son has never gone more than 4 hours between feedings... I was so mad when my period returned at 7.5 weeks pp... I actually refused to admit it was my period (and it was pretty light) until exactly 28 days later when it returned again.

Ugh... I can sympathize! It's so not fair!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yep. exactly what happened to me. i just finished my first period. 
  • I'm in this unlucky camp too. 6 weeks pp and my period showed up this past weekend. It took me a day to accept it was my period. I also just started the mini pill and I don' t know how it's going to go. I see condoms in my future.
    image ?/25 my chart image
  • imageJennV514:
    Sounds like your period.

Agree. The joys of your period...
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJuddandJessica:
    Hi girls!

Today I am 6 weeks and 4 days post childbirth. I started the mini pill exactly two weeks ago. I am breast feeding but only half of the time. The rest of the time we use formula. I haven't had post partum bleeding in over three weeks. I have however spotted lightly off and on since starting the new birth control. Today I started bleeding in what I would consider a medium to light day on a period with very small clots. Does that sound like a period even though I'm breast feeding or should I call the doctor?

I'm not taking anything and this is what happened to me a couple days ago. Wasn't sure if it was my period returning or just the finish of my PP bleeding.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • when i had my son in 2010 everyone kept telling me oh your breastfeeding you wont have a period. exactly 6 weeks postpartum i had one. yeah. im not one of the lucky ones :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
  • also. I was not on any birth control then. this time i am but my pp bleeding hasn't stopped yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo theboysanddany_zps4c74191e.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"