February 2013 Moms

Do I have a reason to be annoyed? vent

Ok, Maybe I'm over reacting, I probably am, but my MIL, who calls everyday now to check on me and to make sure I'm not in labor called yesterday saying that her friend said that my baby is going to be born on monday for sure because it's a full moon (eye roll), and that I should be doing a lot of walking and getting my legs massaged.... mmmm ok..... That was unwanted obvious advice of course.

And today, this same lady came to chat with me on facebook asking about the baby and when I said: she is good, still cooking. she said: MONDAY! Get a pedicure on Saturday..... (really lady? no, but really?) 

Now, I know that the moon might have some influence in pregnancy and birth, BUT I will be 39 weeks pregnant by then and it wont be a big surprise if my baby is born, nor will I blame it on the full moon. 

And the worse part is that now I really hope she is not born on Monday so I don't give her the taste of saying she predicted my baby's birth.

Am I being irrational? She was probably just trying to be nice, but it got on my nerves that a random person would have the nerve to predict my baby's birthday like that.... That probably wouldn't bother me if I wasn't so pregnant lol

Re: Do I have a reason to be annoyed? vent

• Same boat here m'dear, but this time around I've learned to pretty much ignore idiots. Now I will say some of the acupressure points on the legs do in fact work(at least with me) but try not to let it get to you. People are going to offer some of the most erroneous advice and butt in when it isn't their place to do so. Sadly that's just the nature of the beast.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, that's kind of annoying lol Why do people always want mothers to deliver early anyway? That's something I don't understand. The pressure to pop the baby out before 40 weeks. It's so weird to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Today was my due date and all my friends had their money banked on the full moon. So did I. However, the last full moon was January 27th and my baby actually dropped then. I was in denial because it was too early, but he came February 4th. The moon does have an effect on your waters, the same way it does with the tide. If you don't pop for Monday, you may at least progress a bit. It sounds silly, but don't discount the full moon. Your MIL on the other hand, I can appreciate why you feel like you want to prove her wrong :p
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My MIL has been driving me insane lately as well!! She calls at least once a day to see if she should head to the hospital. Um...you can if you want, but I'm not...? Through this constant questioning, I realized that DH actually hasn't explained to her that it will be just the 2 of us, at least before and during...then we will decide on visitors after depending on how we're feeling. And I do plan on telling the nurses this. 

I've stopped answering her calls, and pretty soon, I'm going to snap and tell her everytime she does call is going to be 1 more day we don't call her to share the news. I know she's excited but she's completely overwhelming and the kid isnt even here yet....what's it going to be like afterwards...?  

• Yes, it's annoying! My mother says that I will give birth on the 25th because of the full moon...but my due date is the 25th, so if it happens then, I'm sure ill never hear the end of how it was the full moon that caused it.

strangers keep telling me that I'm having a boy since I'm carrying high, or round, or whatever. But it's a girl.

perhaps the oddest one was that my sister told me that the baby's hiccups meant that she was allergic to whatever food I had just ate, which means its going to be a tough diet for her since she gets hiccups 1-4 times daily, so she must be allergic to everything.

Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"