February 2013 Moms

I'm a STM but I feel like a FTM

Stupid contractions!  10-12 minutes apart and they hurt but I know the whole 5-1-1 thing so I'm just timing and waiting.  I'm scheduled for a RCS a week from today.  Last time I had contractions 5 minutes apart and the dr said stay home and then my water broke the next morning and I went in and had my c-section.  This time I have the whole fear of what if things progress faster, what if I can't figure out when to go, what if my water doesn't break to tell me to go in?  I had no idea it would be more confusing and nerve wracking the 2nd time around but this time I have to factor in what to do with my DS and can't just pop on in to L&D.  I wish I could feel certain about things instead of clueless.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm a STM but I feel like a FTM

• FWIW, I have been told by my OB that the 5 1 1 rule does not apply to STMs. May want to give your OB a call.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • Good to know!  The OB said unless I'm 5 minutes apart or my water breaks don't call but I really don't want to have this kid in my living room.  Especially since his 10 lb big headed self will get stuck (like his big brother).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageonlymeggan:
    Good to know!nbsp; The OB said unless I'm 5 minutes apart or my water breaks don't call but I really don't want to have this kid in my living room.nbsp; Especially since his 10 lb big headed self will get stuck like his big brother.

So true! But I get what you are saying about feeling like a FTM. I'm 38 weeks and have had two rounds of false labor so far... One had me on the phone with the OB. A bath with Epsom salts cured both bouts of false labor for me. Maybe it would help you figure out whether you're having a baby tonight or not?
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • My card from the OB says stms should go by 7 minutes, not 5. Can't remember what it said about the 11 part.
    imageimageimage
  • Found it...710 minutes apart, lasting 45 seconds to a minute, for an hour.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"