February 2013 Moms
Options

Clean house

First off, I am neurotic with OCD tendencies...... So that very well may be my issue. 

but every single ay before DH gets home, I have the urge to make sure the house is clean, laundry done, and to have dinner ready.  I am not like this normally, and I do work part time, so it isn't like I usually have the chance.  

Anyone else going crazy like this?   I need to stop, I am leaving him no household chores. 

Re: Clean house

• Options
    My house has been spotless for weeks.  We have five fur babies in our house so I usually vacuum every other day or so and I'm a bit of a neat freak so things are usually picked up. But for the last few weeks before I go to bed I want the laundry basket empty, the dishes done, the floors vacuumed. Its a whole other level. I think I know that I need the house to be in order when we get home from the hospital so it has to be clean all the time just in case.  Crazy hormones. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wish I was = I'm usually OCD about having things clean and perfect. Of course the one time I need to be OCD about it I find myself being a total bum. Maybe tomorrow... Haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageDC2London:

I'm always like this.  I clean throughout the day, but about 30 minutes before I expect DH home, we clean up all the toys, I vacuum the living room, I pre-wash any dinner/cooking dishes I can, and just try to get the living room and kitchen looking neat and welcoming.  I feel like there's enough chaos for DH to come home to when our toddler jumps him before he even gets his shoes off, and I like to create as calm and inviting of an environment for him to come home to.  I also do this bc it helps me kind of shift from crazy daytime playtime to the calmer, quieter evening of family togetherness.  It just helps me center and relax a bit.  And it's less cleaning I have to do after dinner when I'm tired.

The kicker?  DH doesn't care.  Not one bit.  He appreciates that I do it, but he would never be upset or say a word if dinner wasn't on the table, if the house was trashed (and there have definitely been days when that is the case) etc.  I guess I mostly do it for me, lol. 

this makes so much sense to me! I think I clean for the same reason,  when its done I feel like I can switch from go go go day mode to relaxing evening/sleep mode.  Very insightful.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am NOT a tidy person in general. Not at all. But my apartment has been tidy and clean for a couple weeks now, minus some dishes in the sink from time to time, etc. I <3 nesting lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageDC2London:

My mum was here for two weeks and seriously cleaned my entire house top to bottom.  It was amazing.  I kept telling her it was ok, she should sit down and relax, but she kept saying, "I can't help you often bc I live so far away.  So while I'm here, I'm going to squeeze in a few months' worth of help."

God I love my mother. 

My mom's been a huge help also, and I've never been more grateful that she only lives 15 minutes away!  I'm definitely a neat freak, and without her help I'd run myself absolutely ragged trying to keep the house clean AND take care of a newborn.  On days that DH goes into the office, she comes over and hangs out with me the whole day, helping out with chores or holding Amelia so I can take a nap.  

And I have such an easy baby, too - she sleeps SO much, but I can't quite get the hang of "sleep when she sleeps."  There's just too much to do!!  (Case in point: Amelia, DH AND our dog are all sleeping right now.  I'm balancing the checkbook, clipping coupons, double checking info on our health insurance coverage, and posting here.  Relaxing is not my forte!)

• Options
    Yes, since I've been on maternity leave and the baby isn't born yet, I've gone all domestic engineer. Normally, since we both work equal hours, we both do equal house work. But, since I'm just home now, I would feel too guilty not doing anything all day except crocheting and watching 16 and Pregnant!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Options

The irony of posting this today.... All h*ll broke loose.  I got corn starch all over my kitchen, somehow forgot to use a pot holder to pick up my roasting pain.  Dirty clothes were all over the living room ( I changed DS in there, dd must have done it...) she also pulled half the books off the book shelf and brought a ton of toys into the living room.  Dh had to pick up the entire house while I nursed DS..... Which I had done not even half an hour before he got home

• Options
    imageDC2London:

My mum was here for two weeks and seriously cleaned my entire house top to bottom. &nbsp;It was amazing. &nbsp;I kept telling her it was ok, she should sit down and relax, but she kept saying, "I can't help you often bc I live so far away. &nbsp;So while I'm here, I'm going to squeeze in a few months' worth of help."

God I love my mother.&nbsp;

My mom lives 30 minutes away and hasn't been to my house once since I've been on bed rest. But honestly, my house is so trashed I would be embarrassed if she came over now.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"