Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How many ounces of formula is your LO still drinking/day

Mine's still drinking 28oz. I don't think there is a need to decrease it yet?
TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

Re: How many ounces of formula is your LO still drinking/day

• DS gets 28oz and DD gets 24oz. They get solids 3x/day. The pedi said that they could go down to 18oz/day at 9 months, but only IF they seem ready to do that. I really wish they would drop their formula consumption (we're spending a fortune on it)!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

• Around 24 oz. I can't wait til milk is okay!!!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter is doing around 20oz a day. She gets 3 5oz bottles during the day and a 4oz overnight. She also gets 3 meals.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Baby 1 is getting 15oz of formula(3 5oz bottles) and 6oz V water and eats 4 meals a day. 

Baby  2 drinks 18oz of formula (3 6oz bottles) and 12oz V water and also eats four meals a day.

Break down: 

breakfast with bottle

lunch with bottle

snack with juice

dinner with bottle.  

also they have sippy cups of juice(vitamin water) available all day. 

• 2 8oz bottles and 2 6oz bottles

So 28oz total

He eats 3 meals and snacks a ton throughout the day

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • imagepalm513:

Baby 1 is getting 15oz of formula(3 5oz bottles) and 6oz V water and eats 4 meals a day. 

Baby  2 drinks 18oz of formula (3 6oz bottles) and 12oz V water and also eats four meals a day.

Break down: 

breakfast with bottle

lunch with bottle

snack with juice

dinner with bottle.  

Vitamin water? As in the sports drink, or something they make for babies?

I give DD2 24 oz of formula (4 - 6 oz bottles) but I found out DH has been giving her more formula, 7-8 oz per bottle. I also give her water throughout the day, but I don't really monitor how much of that she drinks. She gets breakfast lunch and usually dinner if she doesn't pass out before I can get it in her. And she snacks on cheerios and applesauce in between snacks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is consuming 24oz of formula/breast milk per day...2-6oz bottles and 4-3oz bottles.  She has the smaller bottles with solid food meals and snacks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Roughly 15oz maybe? It's hard to tell because we are done with bottles. She has formula in a cup the morning right when she wakes up, then a small cup of WCM with her breakfast (we started giving her a little bit now and then at 11 months), a cup of formula around 11-ish, lunch, and then another cup of formula around 4-ish and then she has dinner with a small cup of WCM. She has water available all day.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DS will be 11 months tomorrow.  He is still drinking 6oz bottles 5x/day.  I EP, so he gets all BM.  He also gets solids 3x/day.  I was just thinking about this the other day and trying to figure out when he should start drinking less.  He seems to be doing well with the 30oz/day, so we'll stick with that until his 12 month pedi appt and we see what they say.

• 15-20 oz for us.  DD has been teething lately and we were really stressed about not getting the 20-24 oz we had been told she needed originally.  After talking again with the pedi she okayed the 15 oz.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageacaudill75:
    imagepalm513:

Baby 1 is getting 15oz of formula(3 5oz bottles) and 6oz V water and eats 4 meals a day. 

Break down: 

breakfast with bottle

lunch with bottle

snack with juice

dinner with bottle.  

Vitamin water? As in the sports drink, or something they make for babies?

I give DD2 24 oz of formula (4 - 6 oz bottles) but I found out DH has been giving her more formula, 7-8 oz per bottle. I also give her water throughout the day, but I don't really monitor how much of that she drinks. She gets breakfast lunch and usually dinner if she doesn't pass out before I can get it in her. And she snacks on cheerios and applesauce in between snacks.

yeah they started drinking it when they were sick cause they got dehydrated and they got pedialite and gatoraid...  and they really liked it so I just didn;t stop giving it to them... even though they are no longer sick because they like it, it is being used to help transition to the sippy cup. 

• My son is only drinking about 16oz of formula a day.

1 8 oz bottle in the morning when he wakes up
    1 8 oz bottle before bedtime

during the day he eats:

3 gerber "2" meals (1 "meal", 1 "veggie" and 1 "fruit")
    OR those pouches of food with the spoon you can attach (2 of those)
    This being at lunch and dinner

Then he snacks on puffs and Mum-Mums and other stuff throughout the day.

I can tell he gets full after his full meals, so that's good!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"