Food Allergy

what do you eat for high calories? (if avoiding top 8)

If you are avoiding the top 8 allergens, what do you eat that's high in calories? I don't want to lose weight, so this restricted diet is tough.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: what do you eat for high calories? (if avoiding top 8)

• imagehartigan09:

I used a lot of olive oil - one TBSP is 120 calories. Sunbutter is a good high calorie substitution for nut butters. Avocados are great too.

I just tried to eat a lot of food in general when I eliminated the top 8. I felt like I was always eating. Pretty much every time I fed a baby, I'd pop something into my mouth too.

You can make smoothies with coconut milk (the full fat canned stuff).

Also, EnjoyLife is an awesome brand of prepackaged snacks that are all top 8 free. I ordered a bunch of them offline (Vitacost.com had the best prices from what I could find). It was nice to have something seemingly off limits. They make brownies, cookies, granola bars, etc. 

Thanks...these were great tips! 

• Coconut oil and Coconut Manna. The Nutiva brand has no cross contamination with tree nuts.

You can make a great bark with coconut manna.Melt it in a microwave with a bit of coconut oil, stir, add in some things you like (enjoy life chocolate chips, dried fruit etc) pour in a pan, put in fridge and let it harden.If you want to speed things up put it in the freezer. 

• Loading the player...
  • Avocado(I usually make guacamole and we use it for chips or on grilled chicken breasts) and banana. I second coconut and olive oils.
  • im some or all have already been posted..

coconut butter / oil - add it to bread, pasta, smoothies

Avocado - plain, sushi or guacamole style.

Hummus - make your own or buy at store

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Enjoy life is awesome, they even have chocolate.  And Ian's makes french fries and a few other allergy free things.  You would have to find a wholefoods for those though.

popchips, some potato chips,  sunflower or pumpkin seeds, corn chips, fritos, coconut icecream

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"