3rd Trimester

Nurse Goodies?

I want to take some snacks/goodies in to keep in a basket for all of the nurses that will be helping out with baby's delivery and our post partum care...

My MIL is a nurse and she mentioned how  all they ever seem to get is candy and junk instead of healthy snacks...

Does anyone have any recommendations for inexpensive small snacks that I can bring for them as a thank you for their care?

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Nurse Goodies?

• Oatmeal raisin cookies?
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • individual packs of: raisins, gummy fruit snacks, pre-packaged cheese and/or peanut butter and crackers, pretzels, cuties (those little oranges)... also, how nice of you to think of the nurses! :)  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe some pirates booties, granola bars, raisins, small waters to which you could even stick personalized labels on.
  • I'm thinking of bringing a veggie platter.
    Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • My friends supplied their nurses with a Box O' Joe and bagels.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Im a nurse and love when we get coffee and bagels.
  • I tried to do a nice mix of healthy and junk food. Granola bars right next to the mini size candies. I bought everything because I know some people (myself included sometimes) do not eat stuff that was made by someone they do not know. Waters and dried fruit would definitely be a good option!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ok stupid question....are you putting out your basket once you are set up in the room....or are you sharing the wealth with the L&D nurses who do your intake evaluations also?
  • Cookies!
  • imageletzgoracing81:
    Ok stupid question....are you putting out your basket once you are set up in the room....or are you sharing the wealth with the L&D nurses who do your intake evaluations also?

Good Question!!

I plan on having a basket of stuff that DH will bring up to the room after I get settled... at the hospital I deliver at we will have 2 rooms, the L&D room, then Mom & Baby room...

I think I might go with granola bars, raisins, pre-packaged snacks including some sweet options and some healthy options (I think trader joe's has some mixed packages of dried fruit and nuts maybe?)...Then we'll just cart it with us to the next room that we go to... this way whatever nurse we have should have access to it...

I like the bagels/joe option but the coffee gets cold and that is something we'd have to run out and get rather than just have it on hand and keep in the car along with the hospital bags...

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm a nurse, and I can say we appreciate anything! Any time someone thinks of us, no matter how big or small is really nice! Boxes of coffee are always nice, also you can order a pizza and have it sent to the floor, thats always a nice treat. Everyone elses suggestions are great too!
  • When you bring in treats are you only doing it for the ONE or TWO nurses that are assigned to you or do you bring in enough for multiple nurses on staff at the time???
  • I wasn't aware you could do this! Maybe I will have someone go get a couple boxes of Panera bagels and a box of coffee. I have had patients bring me that before when I worked at a hospital and everyone loved it.
  • imageamberandtroy19:
    When you bring in treats are you only doing it for the ONE or TWO nurses that are assigned to you or do you bring in enough for multiple nurses on staff at the time???

To be honest, I do not know how many different nurses/nurses assistants/etc. will be helping me out... so I just kind of planned to bring a bunch of non-perishable things... that way I can plan ahead and it will be good for multiple shifts.

I do plan on keeping it in my room and telling them to take something rather than sending it down to the break room - how else would my nurses know it came from room 21 instead of room 12?

Pizza might be great for the night time, but will the morning nurses want that? Do I want to have someone go get bagels, then someone go get a sub platter then someone go get pizza, and what if there are different nurses on shift the next day that didn't get something the first day?

Rather than over-complicating things, I'm just trying to find something easy and fairly healthy just to show my appreciation to all of them...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"