Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Clogged tear duct ?

Hey ladies, who's LO has had a clogged tear duct? What'd you do for it? And how long until it got better?

Re: Clogged tear duct ?

• Ours did when he was a few days old. Wipe the eye with a damp washcloth, starting in the corner at the tear duct. Ours cleared up in a couple of days.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagegnomemom:
    Ours did when he was a few days old. Wipe the eye with a damp washcloth, starting in the corner at the tear duct. Ours cleared up in a couple of days.

Exactly what she said. A friend of mine's daughter also had it in both eyes. One has cleared up at 6 months and one still hasn't and if it doesn't she will need surgery but usually they clear up on their own using the wiping method. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • LO's clogged duct cleared up after a few weeks. We used a warm, damp cloth to wipe the goop away, and gently massaged the interior corner of the eye (from the corner away and down toward the nose) at every diaper change. I also put a few drops of breast milk in the corner of her eye daily. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you breastfeeding put some breast milk on a washcloth and wipe the eye.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD has a clogged tear duct. We're wiping away the drainage with a warm, damp cloth and massaging at the inner corner of her eye. It hasn't cleared up yet. Some days it looks better, some days it looks worse.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• imageedilo:
    LO's clogged duct cleared up after a few weeks. We used a warm, damp cloth to wipe the goop away, and gently massaged the interior corner of the eye (from the corner away and down toward the nose) at every diaper change. I also put a few drops of breast milk in the corner of her eye daily. 

this is what my pedi told me to do with my little one and it really helped! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD did. I did a couple different things. Most of the time I used cotton balls dipped in warm water (boiled first). I went from the middle to the inside corner then middle to outside corner (this was when it was really goopy like covered whole eye goopy). Sometimes instead I used breast milk on the cotton ball.
    It was all cleared up around 5 weeks.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Ditto breast milk. It has anti bacterial qualities that really work to clear it out. Yeah, it seems weird to squirt BM in your baby's eye, but it works :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • imagekleigh926:
    DD has a clogged tear duct. We're wiping away the drainage with a warm, damp cloth and massaging at the inner corner of her eye. It hasn't cleared up yet. Some days it looks better, some days it looks worse.

same here. My son is 3 months and it hasn't cleared up yet.  

• Massage with a warm washcloth. Took about 2 weeks to clear up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO is 4 months today and struggled with what we thought was tear ducts. We used a warm wash cloth to clean them, and it helps if you express the puss. Use your pinky finger and start at the bridge of the nose and press inward, after a few strokes you should get some puss out. One cleared up when I squeezed a few drops of breast milk into it. (Breast milk has antibiotic principles). It then seemed to be in the other eye. I finally took her in because it seemed like she may be getting pink eye. They gave her some antibiotics, and after 2 drops her eye cleared up right away. So just because they say it is clogged ducts, it may be an infection. So make sure you ask about that. Now she has no problems.
  • imageMGC1213:
    If you breastfeeding put some breast milk on a washcloth and wipe the eye.

This!

My LO had what seemed as a cold in her eye at 6 weeks. I put breast milk in her eye for 1 day and it cleared up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"