December 2012 Moms

Organizing my freezer

I have been pumping storing my milk for about a month now am able to pump roughly twice what LO is eating in a day. My issue is my freezer is getting pretty out of control with a combo of bags bottles shoved in everywhere so when I go looking for the oldest stuff first for daycare, it can take 10 min to locate.

Anyone have any DIY storage/organization ideas I can try? Using a big, upright freezer in the garage for "long term" storage
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
image image image

Re: Organizing my freezer

• Can you freeze the bags flat and then stand them up in date order in a shoebox? This way the oldest are always in front.  

If you don't like what they're saying about you, change the conversation.
    BFP #1 2.12.11 EDD 10.23.11 D&C 11w6d | BFP #2 6.23.11 EDD 2.29.12 MC 5w2d
    BFP #3 4.20.12 EDD 1.1.13 Beta #1 12DPO 99 Beta #2 14DPO 223
    6w1d U/S - one cute little blob! 8w1d U/S HB 174bpm!
    BFP Chart
  • Someone suggested to me to get a gift bag the same size as the milk bags laid flat. Then to cut a hole at the bottom of one side. It sort of works like a bag dispenser where you add the newest at the top and pull the oldest from the bottom. I haven't tried it, but it sounds like it would be okay.

Also, if you're storing in bottles, we have a can dispenser that I got off amazon that works pretty well with 4 oz bottles.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • maybe you could freeze them flat and then store them in a ziplock bag. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePeggy Olson:

Can you freeze the bags flat and then stand them up in date order in a shoebox? This way the oldest are always in front.  

I do something similar to this, and it's been working great.

• imagePeggy Olson:
    Can you freeze the bags flat and then stand them up in date order in a shoebox? This way the oldest are always in front.nbsp;nbsp;

This is what I did. It works well.
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I freeze them as flat as I can but after researching ideas online I will make sure all are flats from now on try the gift bag/cereal box dispenser
    image image image
  • imageVana&Renn:
    maybe you could freeze them flat and then store them in a ziplock bag. 
    I do this. I sort into groups by date, and the label the ziploc. We did end up getting a small stand alone freezer for all the milk, the freezer on or fridge quickly didn't have enough room when I pumped with DD1.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have about 100 oz from 3-5oz increments. They're in Lasinoh bags frozen flat. I'm going to try either a shoebox method or the giftbag thing. They're unorganized now, but I have until April 1 when I go back to work.
    IMG_4940vin-1-1 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"