1st Trimester

Can we talk about blue dye tests?

Why do they even make them if they give false positives?  I bought some because they were on sale, and immediately got a light line.  But now I feel like my eyes are playing tricks on me and my best friend mentioned that they aren't reliable.  I used them with my son...but I was obviously pregnant so I couldn't say if the test was reliable.  I believe I also used them with my first pregnancy, which was lost in the second trimester.  But again both times were pregnancies so it is hard to say.  My husband swears we could build a house with pee sticks for how many I've taken over the years and doesn't want me to go out and buy another test unless I still don't have AF on Friday.  I feel like that is a long time to wait.  I'm already late...but I don't have the most reliable cycle, so that could just be a fluke.  What does first tri think?  Line or No?

FWIW it is a bit clearer in real life, I don't know why it was so hard to get a picture of it.  

Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
<3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
Asher Benjamin  April 2010
Lola Aisling  May 2014

Re: Can we talk about blue dye tests?

• I see a line. I don't have any experience with blue dye, other than that I've heard of people with false +. You can get a dollar store or walmart pink dye for cheap, so I'd probably get one of those tomorrow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I see a line but it could be a false +
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I wonder why they are allowed to be sold with a 99.9% accurate label!  Frustrating! 

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • it just happens sometimes.. mine were blue dye and the first two i took were very light because i was SO early. Could be exactly what's happening to you.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i do see a line.

used clear blue plus when i first took a pregnancy test and i got a faint but obvious positive. i didn't believe it because i heard blue dye tests can cause false positives. i went and bought some pink dye frer and a digi frer and they were also all positives. just go out and buy more tests. who cares what your DH thinks! they aren't expensive. 

• I agree. they really aren't expensive. dollar store!
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I see a line but I would use a pink dye test just to make sure...they're more accurate and more clear.
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• How long did you let it sit before this faint line came up? That can have an impact on it's accuracy. I agree with everyone else, I would be headed to the dollar store in the morning. 
    photo a436e47a-1fc7-4b2c-aee9-dc94f8169c1f_zpsbbb152f9.jpg photo 301d07a6-bea2-41ae-8e5b-30e66a49659d_zps6d6599b3.jpg photo 80f355e8-ba3f-48d5-aeb4-f6f4c1c72f6e_zps8e4fac15.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRunswithwolves:
    How long did you let it sit before this faint line came up? That can have an impact on it's accuracy. I agree with everyone else, I would be headed to the dollar store in the morning. 

It came up right away, like 10 seconds?  It was visable as soon as the wet rolled over the screen.  Yeah I'm going to go to the dollar store in the morning.

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • imageABColeslaw:

imageRunswithwolves:
    How long did you let it sit before this faint line came up? That can have an impact on it's accuracy. I agree with everyone else, I would be headed to the dollar store in the morning. 

It came up right away, like 10 seconds?  It was visable as soon as the wet rolled over the screen.  Yeah I'm going to go to the dollar store in the morning.

Then I would say it is most likely a positive and the dollar store test will be a nice way to confirm it. I had this same problem this pregnancy, I guess I was just a little early taking the test. 

photo a436e47a-1fc7-4b2c-aee9-dc94f8169c1f_zpsbbb152f9.jpg photo 301d07a6-bea2-41ae-8e5b-30e66a49659d_zps6d6599b3.jpg photo 80f355e8-ba3f-48d5-aeb4-f6f4c1c72f6e_zps8e4fac15.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I see a line. Congrats! 
  • There is definitely a line.  I have heard about a lot of false + with the blue.  I say  splurge and get a digital.  Last week I bought a 3 pack at CVS for $20.  or go to dollars store and get the pink ones.
    Me - 39 DH - 39 DS - 1 Due Date - 10-20-13
  • yay!! looks pos to me!

I used blue die with 5 pregnancies and Never had a false one or any issues.  There have been issues popping up everywhere with wondfos and frers being false pos's as well. I think it is just the mania of wanting something so bad and not doing things correctly. IMO.

Hope thats a true pos for you! 

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I got one that came up immediately and looked just like that when the boys were abuot 3 months old. Thank goodness it was a false +. Get a pink dye or digital and never buy blue again
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol why was there a pregnancy scare at 3 mos pp?

Anyways. At 3 months there is a possibility of it still being residual. 

If blue dies were as bad as everyone claims theyd be off the market and thats the truth of it. 

P.S. a false pos pregancy test can also be an indicator of cancer.   Please do some research.

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

• Is there any updates yet?  Did you POApinkS?
  • imageCinnamon Haze:

lol why was there a pregnancy scare at 3 mos pp?

Anyways. At 3 months there is a possibility of it still being residual. 

If blue dies were as bad as everyone claims theyd be off the market and thats the truth of it. 

P.S. a false pos pregancy test can also be an indicator of cancer.   Please do some research.

Is that a serious question?

And fwiw, it also looks like an evap line

• I see the line, but I don't trust blue dye tests.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I see a line! (Quick story) We used tests from the dollar general, three positives later we are in the docs office for confirmation. We told her about the kind of test we used, figuring it could be wrong. She said it does NOT matter if we spend $20 or $1, the tests are usually pretty accurate. 

Settle your mind and get another test! Good luck!  

• Typically a "False positive" pregnancy test is used as an initial test for potential prostate cancer in men.
  • If it tests for prostate cancer then I'm sure the women here have nothing to worry about. The way it was worded insinuated that a woman should be concerned if it's a false positive...

Anyway op, I see the line very clearly. Since it came up so quickly and since your af is already late, I'd say it's likely tyat test isn't false but pee on another stick for reassurance. Besides, a lot of us pee on more than one type just so we're sure sure heh.
    One DD born 9/23/13.
    We're one and done!
  • I knew something was calling me to lurk here Wink

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Pink Dye test was neg.  If I don't get AF in 3-4 days maybe I'll retest with one.  I'm thinking it was an evap line and maybe I'm having a super long cycle because I didn't Ovulate or something this month.  Who knows, I'm on cycle day like 43 or something stupid crazy like that. 

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • It is not Just prostate cancer.

Hence the 'do some research'. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"