1st Trimester

what skincare line do you use?

What skincare line do you ladies use? I know there are certain ingredients like retinol we can't have and I am trying to figure out what to use. I use philosophy s purity cleanser and hope in a jar and olay regenerist night cream right now.

Re: what skincare line do you use?

• BeautiControl
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I use Dove Bar and nothing else.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I use mostly Origins products. They are certified organic and use only "natural" ingredients. Truthfully though I used this long before I got pregnant and wouldn't change my makeup/skincare routine just because I was pregnant. I still use a face wash that has salicylic acid in it and I'm comfortable with that. I think as long as you aren't eating it most skincare products are safe to continue using in moderation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I only knew of the Salic acid or whatever the typical acne ingredient is. I am on clinique's line. what I usually use (I used to use proactive once a month or so.) 

My friend keeps showing me all these stupid expensive products that I "simply have to try" but I can't see paying $25 for a .5 oz bottle. 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I just purchased Belli face wash at buy Buy Baby because I'm breaking out and there's not much that is safe to use. I just started using it yesterday, I sure hope it helps.
  • I went a couple of days without washing my face (I was always running late when getting ready lol) and noticed my skin actually looked clearer, gone a week now and my face looks awesome. I guess pregnancy was my secret to clear skin??? Lol :D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I switched to the oil cleansing method with a dab of tea tree oil at night on tough spots. Hormone acne is a biiatch.

CJ 05/29/2013

• The OCM rocks! Which oils do you use? My skin is freakishly dry so I use olive oil & vitamin e mostly. No snark meant at all, but be careful putting tea tree oil directly on your skin, it's very powerful & normally best if used with a carrier oil... Or you could add a couple drops to your face washing oil mix?
    DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• Merle Norman.  They have a huge line that will cover everyones needs. 

9/13/12 BFP 9/25/12 M/C at 6.5 weeks

***All AL'ers Welcome***

• I use various, including DeVita, Aubrey, kiehl's... Whatever product u use, u should look it up on ewg.org/skindeep. It tells u the toxicity level of health and beauty products, including reproductive toxicity.
  • imagerayandbrit:
    The OCM rocks! Which oils do you use? My skin is freakishly dry so I use olive oil & vitamin e mostly. No snark meant at all, but be careful putting tea tree oil directly on your skin, it's very powerful & normally best if used with a carrier oil... Or you could add a couple drops to your face washing oil mix?

I use castor oil and sunflower seed oil. The sunflower seed is supposed to help with acne. I know it is, lol. I literally just put a drop on my finger and spread it all over my trouble zones. It works! 

CJ 05/29/2013

• I've been putting coconut oil all over my face but after washing it with a gentle cleanser, are those of you doing the OCM not using any wash at all? Just the oil? How do you do it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My doctor said using my normal stuff with salicyclic acid is fine as long as I'm. O eating it ;) I use neutrogena acne wash and it works so well for me with clean and clear's acne moisturizer at night and aveeno's simply radiant moisturizer during the day
  • I use BareMinerals! I use the deep cleansing foam with the combination moisturizer. I've been using this even before I got pregnant and it's great not to have to switch now that I am--their products are all natural so they won't hurt you or baby, and there aren't any "bad" ingredients. Plus, you can choose a regimen that best fits your current skincare needs. :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
                photo 9C31AC9F05D04D93B9651C72F4FB18BCashx_zps51f4b406.gifimagephoto 9AE0565796E740CE962988DC1EFD9F27ashx_zps7852ee4b.gif
  • Mary Kay.  Let me know if you want more information or samples etc.
    Me - 39 DH - 39 DS - 1 Due Date - 10-20-13
  • Artistry from Amway but what really saves me is the clairisonic brush that I just got in January. Not cheap but worth it!
    Due October 15, 2013 with a little boy we've named Zane Alexander! Siggy challenge oct: costume fails! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesbartl:
    I've been putting coconut oil all over my face but after washing it with a gentle cleanser, are those of you doing the OCM not using any wash at all? Just the oil? How do you do it?
    Yeah I only use oil. I wet my face with warm water, put some oil on my fingers and massage it in like you would a cleanser, rinse and pat dry. Easy peasy.

CJ 05/29/2013

• imageBacon+lettuce+tomato:
    imagesbartl:
    I've been putting coconut oil all over my face but after washing it with a gentle cleanser, are those of you doing the OCM not using any wash at all? Just the oil? How do you do it?
    Yeah I only use oil. I wet my face with warm water, put some oil on my fingers and massage it in like you would a cleanser, rinse and pat dry. Easy peasy.

I just picked up some coconut oil today.  I am going to start this! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"