Breastfeeding
Options

Will I even need my 8oz bottles?

We have three 5oz tommee tippee bottles that SO uses when I'm at work in the evenings to feed LO. We also have an unopened package of three 8oz tommee tippee bottles... I'm wondering if we should even keep these since I've read that EBF babies may not even take more than 5ish ounces at a time. Should we keep 'em or take 'em back?? TIA!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Will I even need my 8oz bottles?

• Options
    I ended up buying 8 oz Medela bottles because I was pumping 6-7 oz from one side. Once my LO will be going to a babysitter's, I plan on sending 3 8 oz bottles just as a storage solution for the milk. That way I'm not sending a ton of 5 oz bottles. 
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Keep em... my son was mostly BFed and used 8oz bottles by 3-4 months. I was also pumping 6-7 ounces by that time too, so it was nice to just keep it all together when storing in the fridge.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I never used them the most either if my kids took were 5 ounces at a time. My 8 ounce ones were wide mouth and did not hook to the pump so I never used them for storage 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My daughter's 9 months and I've only owned the Medela 5 oz bottles. She has never taken more than 5 oz of BM. IDK about other brands, but the Medela actually fit 7 oz if you fill it up to the top, so even if I pumped a lot in one session, it was never more than that.

I just brought a few extra milk storage bags to keep at work for the rare occasion that I pumped more than I could fit in the 4 bottles that came with my pump. Tommee Tippee are $15-20 right? I'd take them back.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I loved my 8oz Tommee Tippees. But I froze my milk in 1 oz sticks. With the larger bottles (especially Tommee Tippee with the wide necks) I could pop 4 sticks in there, frozen, screw on the top, and let them defrost.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"