February 2013 Moms

My 2 Hour Labor & Delivery of Baby Girl (PIP!)

Brynley Deana was born Tuesday, 2/12/13 at 8:28pm after just 2 hours of labor/delivery. She was 8lb 13 3/4oz and 19 1/2" long - bigger than her big brother! She was 5 days overdue but it was a blessing in disguise as DS and DH were both sick on her actual due date and a few days after.

At my 39w appt I was 2cm dilated. At my 40w appt I was 4cm dilated and 75% eff. Never had any contractions or anything leading up to going into labor. Sat down to eat dinner on the couch Tuesday night at 6:30pm, felt a "pop" in my stomache and my water started gushing out. We started getting things ready to go to the hospital and for DS to go to Grandma and Grandpa's. Contractions started at 7pm and were immediately 2-3 mins apart and pretty intense.

By the time we got to the hospital and they checked us in it was 7:40pm. Nurse checked me and I was 7-8cm. I had a natural birth with DS but due to intense back labor pains I had to push for 3 1/2 hours. My contractions were pretty intense this time and I was scared to end up pushing that long again because of the back labor so I told DH I was thinking about getting an epi this time around. Had to wait for the on-call OB to get to the hospital before I could get anything though. Once he got there he checked me and said he didn't think he even had time to change his clothes let alone me get any pain meds as I was already 10cm so I was on track for another natural birth and she was coming quickly!

He came back after changing and I pushed through 3 contractions or about 5 minutes and baby girl was born at 8:28pm! My mom lives an hour and a half away and literally walked into my room 2 minutes before baby girl was born. It was intense and the contractions were painful but I'd take this quick labor/delivery anyday over the 3 1/2 hours I spent pushing for DS! Here she is...my sweet baby girl! And big brother is absolutely in love with her! <3

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My 2 Hour Labor &amp;amp; Delivery of Baby Girl (PIP!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"