Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Exercise after m/c?

When have you started exercising after miscarrying?  I am a runner although I have not ran this week, since my bleeding started.  I have been feeling better the past two days though and went for an easy run today, although I was having a bit heavier bleeding (nothing abnormal though), and felt fine.  Just wondering what others have done or been told.  I am not wanting to push myself but am eager to get back into it. 
TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Exercise after m/c?

• Another runner here.   I probably waited about two weeks before I went on a run, though I did do a longish but slow walk about two days after my D&C, and a power walk and some elliptical maybe a week out.   For the first week or so, it seemed like exercise made my cramps a lot worse.

I would recommend you start out slow and be really gentle with yourself -- no reason to push TOO hard right away.  If you're like me, the act of running benefitted my mental health in a way nothing else could, so it was important to get back to it quickly!! 

imageDSC_9275  image

• I'm also a runner. I didn't run much when I was pregnant. I waited to get the all clear from my doctor just about 2 weeks after my d&c. I didn't want to risk more bleeding or anything. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 9 days past D&C and I have not run yet.  I go for my followup on Monday and I plan to get the clear to resume normal activities and I will probably start running again after that.

Mommy to baby J - 09/2009 - My perfect little princess.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#2
    BFP 10/14/11 - MC 10/21/11 @ 4w3d
    BFP 01/23/12 - MC 02/05/12 @ 5w2d
    BFP 12/21/12 - D&C 02/07/13 @ 10w2d 02/27/13 - MTHFR

My Blog:Two Moms and a Journey

My Chart

• Thanks everyone!  Although I did not have a d&c, i have been naturally miscarrying, should have specified that in my op.  i wonder if that makes a difference, I can see waiting a couple weeks after a surgical procedure.  I follow up with my doc on Monday so will ask then, but like someone said, it is helpful mentally to get back to running sooner rather than later! 
    TTC baby #2 since July 2011, DX: low AMH
    BFP 1/21/13, blighted ovum m/c 2/12/13
  • so sorry for your loss. 

I had a natural miscarriage at 7.5 weeks. We were told to wait 2wks after the miscarriage was completed for sex (to avoid infection and give my body a rest), but excercise was okay as long as I took it easy.  I would double check with your doc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"