3rd Trimester

Hygiene and pain after baby. Help

This is my 2nd Child and we are a little strapped this pregnancy. I am just now starting the shopping that I should have been doing all along because of the budget strain. My hubby is going to freak when he see's how much all this stuff really costs in one wallop but I have no idea how to avoid it.

With my daughter I had no clue how much pain I would be in after a vaginal birth. Now I do. The sit's bath did nothing to help me sadly. I am wondering If I can get some good advise on how to take care of myself down there that isn't going to cost me an arm and a leg.

I was thinking the usual, Pads, Dermaplast, Summers Eve Wash, those squirt bottles, and Tylenol. None of this helps with the pain or swelling. Just going to the bathroom to pee was absolutely excruciating, I really really need help. There are only so many of those pad ice pack things they allow you to go home with, even if you beg.

Any suggestions? Thank you 

Re: Hygiene and pain after baby. Help

• Our hospital would slit a newborn diaper, soak it and freeze it for an ice pack.  They worked pretty good.  I would add witch hazel pads to the top of your pad, they will help with swelling.  And warm baths as often as you can.   Recovery is one thing I'm not looking forward to. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • FTM...officially freaked out by this post!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHappy2BPregnant:
    FTM...officially freaked out by this post!

Me too!  Yikes!

• I am SO SORRY!!! It's rough recovering. More for some people than others. My Friend was running and biking within a week after giving birth to her daughter. She heals like no bodies business. I however do not and it scares me.  

• The numbing spray
    Avoid douching or anything like that
    Prescription meds
    Bags of frozen veggies [dual use! Pain relief and you can cook them]
    Tucks pads

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• A diaper filled with ice worked best for me. Also while going pee, using a squirt bottle with warm water to help rinse out the area, also helps with pain relief. 
  • Alright, there is HOPE! So this Earth Momma Angel Baby bundle looks pretty amazing ( https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/postpartum-recovery/postpartum-essentials-bundle.html ). Have you used any of this stuff before, or is the spray something you will be trying new with your LO? Also, where can I get some of the After Ease? It looks kind-of expensive but if it works I will break open my clothing bank I've been saving for post LO clothes. Do you just put it into what ever you are drinking? 

I know that no matter what I do there will be some pain. With my daughter I tore and all I had were the 3 ice pack pads I begged for, the Dermoplast spray, those warm squirt bottles, and Tylenol. None of which helped so I am VERY excited when you ladies tell me I have options.

Thank you. 

• I was also going to suggest the Earth Mama Angel Baby stuff. I'm excited to try it this time around. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've had 2 babies-both with 4th degree tears/episiotomy (I just got ripped open to high heaven basically) and my recovery was no problem and I had to take care of everything in a public bathroom since my son was in the special care unit. What I did was use the squirt bottle with warm water, wipe myself with a tucks pad, put a perineal cold pack pad on (I buy a box of 24 from Overstock.com for about 30 shipped) since my nurses only give me about 5 to take home, then I place 2 or 3 tucks pads on top and spray with the dermaplast. I also take Motrin since it brings down swelling.

and thats it! I've never had a problem or horrible pain :) Sorry if I repeated anything I didn't read all the posts before me.

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • imageMeggiemuggins:

imageHappy2BPregnant:

Me too!  Yikes!

Not everyone needs all this.  All I've used is the monster pads, the squirt bottle and ibuprofen w/ #2 (uterine cramps are killer while nursing #2 and get worse with every kiddo).  FTMs, hope you're lucky and get out easy but be thinking about all the rest in case you're not.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I tore pretty good. Not sure how bad, didn't ask, didn't want to know. But I did the bath thing at least twice a day I think, at least morning and evening. Dermaplast a few times. Witchhazel pads. Squirt bottle of course. And the tylenol. Which they actually let me rotate between Motron and Tylenol because the Tylenol didn't do enough. So maybe try that this time around?
    "You get in the bowl." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMelTwe:
    Our hospital would slit a newborn diaper, soak it and freeze it for an ice pack. nbsp;They worked pretty good. nbsp;I would add witch hazel pads to the top of your pad, they will help with swelling. nbsp;And warm baths as often as you can. nbsp; Recovery is one thing I'm not looking forward to.nbsp;

The frozen diaper thing works. Witch hazel pads i used the walmart brand. Squirt bottle. Seriously get a stool softener like dulcolax or something for the week or so after giving birth. Not kidding it will hurt to poop if you dont. The hospital will give you a prescription fornpain pills take them as soon as you can. Your whole body will hurt from the straining of pushing the baby out. Try to limit your getting up and sitting down be as lazy.as you can to heal. ;

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHappy2BPregnant:

Me too!!!!! omg!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"