March 2013 Moms

Wedding Question, weird I know!

DH's brother and fiance are getting married June 29 in the Austin area. I have been helping FSIL alot with planning because I love taking over people's projects and she cannot make a decision to save her life. The bachelorette party came up the other day. Her sister and DH's sister will be underage.. by alot.. We are trying to think of activities for the bachelorette party that will not be super lame but will not snub the young ladies. Keep in mind, I am the oldest person going and I have an old soul so my suggestion of a girls trip to Fredericksburg to shop and drink a little wine was probably taken as an actual joke.

I know this is not The Knot but you are my people.. help!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Wedding Question, weird I know!

• I went to a stagette that included a dinner theatre.  It was actually quite fun, then we went out to the bar after. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love Fredericksburg! Are you planning on staying the night there or just a day trip? There are a couple of places that have live music at night that aren't strictly bars. I think the vineyards are beautiful too but I don't know if you have to be 21 to tour them. I would think a trip to Fredericksburg would be a great bachelorette get away.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMichmax11:

What about something like Painting With a Twist (I'm almost positive they have them in Austin) that all can take part in.  They are a lot of fun, and I've been to them both with, and without, partaking in my "beverage of choice".

ETA - Lurking from April - and secretly hoping for an Easter baby. 

They do have these in Austin. That would be a good idea too!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • For my bachelorette party we went to lunch, then a matinee of Newsies on Broadway, followed by a fancy dinner (Mark Forgione in Tribeca), and drinks at a super upscale bar (the Brandy Library in Manhattan). It was AWESOME!

I know Austin isn't Manhattan, but is there a show or concert that you guys could go to for the celebration, and follow it up with dinner/drinks? That way, the younger ladies could still be included.Honestly, it was so much fun and the fancy dinner/drinks were sooooo much better than overpriced drinks at a cheesy club.  

Another idea, my friends keep talking about how much they love the Alamo Drafthouse. Maybe there's something there that weekend?

BabyFruit Ticker Follow my baby story at: http://www.nycitified.blogspot.com/
  • There are tons of great places in austin to go and listen to live music
    .... I am from Tx and lived in Austin for a few years so I am certain the grandfather law still exists. Meaning bring their mom along and being in a bar won't be an issue.
    Ride a mechanical bull.
    Get a psychic or tarot reader.
    Fredricksburg would stink

Go tubing down the Guadalupe and grab a bit at gruene hall.Make a day of it. Fill one tube with a cooler of beer and non alcoholic bev.

• Manicures/Pedicures or massages at a nice spa and lunch. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemilkergirl1:
    My MOH threw my bachelorette in 3 stages, since a few of the girls invited were underage.  We met for pedicures, then went to dinner.  After dinner, those of us that were over 21 went out for drinks.  It worked out well because everyone was included in something.

I was going to suggest something like this too!

I would start the night with activities that everyone can participate in (dinner, manicures, purse making, etc) and then have those who can go out.   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"