3rd Trimester

How far in advance did you...

Pack your hospital bag?  I do not remember with my first one.  I am 37 weeks, but most of my stuff that needs to be packed I use day to day, which means there wouldn't be much stuff in my bag.  Should I pack it and live out of it for a couple of weeks?

Re: How far in advance did you...

• I have a list printed and set with my duffel bag. All the non-daily items are already tucked away. The rest will be tossed in when I decide it's time to go to the hospital and am waiting on babysitters/DH.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've packed a few items. I bought duplicates because I know when I am in labor I will probably forget something unless I pack it now while I have a semi clear head :)
    Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I started packing at 36 weeks but am still adding to it!  I have a few items that I'm still using and won't be added until I'm ready to leave for the hospital.
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• Honestly there isn't that much I needed/actually used with my stay with DD#1.  So this time all I've done is kept a bag in my closet below where I've hung a few nursing tops, and set aside some nice toiletries DH brought home from a recent trip (that way I don't have to dry off my everyday stuff in the shower).  I've also hung up DD#2's coming home outfit next to my stuff.  So when I'm in labor, it will take apx. one minute to toss items in the bag and grab my toothbrush.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSarahRae85:
    I have a list printed and set with my duffel bag. All the non-daily items are already tucked away. The rest will be tossed in when I decide it's time to go to the hospital and am waiting on babysitters/DH.

This- I have a checklist with all items I want/need, and then each item is marked with "Pack Now" and "Pack Later". I've already packed all the "Pack Now" items, the remainder are things that I use daily, but the printed list will keep me focused when I'm packing during labor, otherwise I would forget something. It's also a good checklist to have in case I'm not leaving from the house when I'm in labor and have to send someone to get my bag for me- it's very clear as to what needs to be thrown in the bag. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I think I did it while in labor. I know that was my plan, anyway. 

I just brought sample sized shampoo, conditioner, lotion and toothpaste and I packed that stuff ahead of time. I think I had a list of stuff not to forget... my toothbrush, face wash, ect.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine is 80% packed. Mostly clothes and pads, etc. I have a list on my iPhone to finalize packing when I go into labor. I don't understand how people have a bag all packed and in the car weeks in advance, unless they packed travel size toiletries and don't live where it gets below freezing...
  • I packed what I could into a duffle bag last week.  The items that I will add last minute are in a list on my whiteboard. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a bag packed and in the car. All I have to grab are my vitamins, makeup bag, and purse and I am set. I had some travel toiletries leftover from a trip so that helped a bit.

image image
  • I recently went to the dentist and got a new toothbrush and small tube of toothpaste so I just tucked them into a space saver bag with some of my clothes that I can wear for coming home in as an emergency overnight bag for myself -- hospital is only a 5 minute drive from my house so I figured if I need anything else, I can call dd or send dh to retrieve it.

I plan to pack the real hospital bag in about 1-2 more weeks.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Long ago. I hate being unprepared and figure it's one of few things I can do to be prepared.  It was packed by maybe 24 weeks and in the car by 26 weeks. We also trategically worked to have one major purchase a week from about 16 weeks so all is pretty much ready.

Paid off, pre-term labor started friday and partial bedrest started tuesday...so I am a lot less stressed knowing we are pretty much set!!

Of course, we will need to grab camera and phone cords on our way out the door or have the in-laws bring them to us...but easier to have someone find us some phone cords than to come and pack the whole bag!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"