Preemies

Am I crazy?

I am really stressing because I didn't get my DS anything for his first Valentine's day.  I get like this at every holiday.  I actually feel anxious and bad about it. I worry that I'm not doing enough!  Does anyone else feel this way??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Am I crazy?

• I hear you! I like doing cute little things for people so I'm excited to do all that stuff for DS, too! But we're on a tight budget and he won't remember ;) I make the day special - put him in a cute outfit with a cute filter frame.

Last year for each holiday my H and I got him a card and wrote him a letter for him to have some day.That could be an idea :) 

• I know that it totally sounds crazy.  I was like this at Christmas too.  I think it comes from the fact that I always assumed I would have more than one child.  But, since DS came early he will be an only child.  We're not 100% but I'm scared it would happen again and even if I did decide that I wanted another one, I would have a really hard time convincing my DH.  So, b/c of this I feel like this is my only shot and I want to enjoy it and make the most of it.  I think it may be part of the way I'm dealing with the stress of knowing I won't have another child. 

UFP- that is a great idea with the cards!  I think I will make him a card and write him a note about how special he is to me and how much I love him.  That will be much more of a momento than any stuffed animal :)

Thanks ladies!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • imagepathfindermon:

I know that it totally sounds crazy.  I was like this at Christmas too.  I think it comes from the fact that I always assumed I would have more than one child.  But, since DS came early he will be an only child.  We're not 100% but I'm scared it would happen again and even if I did decide that I wanted another one, I would have a really hard time convincing my DH.  So, b/c of this I feel like this is my only shot and I want to enjoy it and make the most of it.  I think it may be part of the way I'm dealing with the stress of knowing I won't have another child. 

UFP- that is a great idea with the cards!  I think I will make him a card and write him a note about how special he is to me and how much I love him.  That will be much more of a momento than any stuffed animal :)

Thanks ladies!!

You're welcome! I can relate to what you're saying about "one shot" - I only want one child. Preemie-ness aside, that's all. Just one unless there is a surprise. I think it helps me savor a lot of moments I might otherwise slip by.  

• I don't think it's crazy, I wanted to get my DD something but then I decided she really doesn't care right now, so I'd rather just save the money and effort for when she knows the difference.  I also felt bad not inviting some of her little friends to her 1-yr party I'm planning, but again, I decided to save the money and make her a huge awesome party with all her friends in a few years when she can appreciate it!  Your baby can tell you love him or her regardless of what toys and gifts you get - you could give her a piece of paper and she will probably think it's the best thing she's ever been given :)
    Preemie mom! Born 10 weeks early but Mommy and baby are both doing great!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"