March 2013 Moms

36 wk appt, now we're excited, nervous and anxious (updated in 4th post)

Hope y'all don't mind a dad posting here :)

We had our 36 week appointment today. We're getting close! But I'm getting nervous now too. Not entirely sure how it happened, but she never got checked for GD until last week, and she has it. She's able to keep the numbers pretty good now that we know about it, but they said she's measuring big.

Our l/o has always been on the big side, I think in the 90's% a while back, and then 64% at the u/s we had in January. She put on 3 pounds in 2 weeks, which they said was high. So we're having an u/s next week to figure out what the plan is, but they said he may come early. Not sure if they meant inducing or what, we have to wait a whole week now to figure out Indifferent

Also, she's 2cm/50%, not sure if that's good, bad or average, or is even very significant.  Very confused on how the figured that out.

Re: 36 wk appt, now we're excited, nervous and anxious (updated in 4th post)

• Measuring ahead doesn't mean the baby will come early (and 3 lbs. in 2 weeks this far along in the pregnancy is totally normal!). If she has complications with GD (like high blood pressure or pre-e or something) then they may induce but if everything is well and she's just measuring a little ahead, it doesn't really mean anything as those measurements can be off. I measured 3 weeks ahead with my first (no GD) and he was 2 days late. I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead with this one, too. The dilation/thinning doesn't tell you much, either. You can go from 2 to 10 in hours or you can stay at 2 for weeks. I'm sure everything is fine!
  • I agree w/ PP. 3 lbs in 2 weeks? That is completely normal. All will be well. Congrats and good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I gained 6 pounds in two weeks for each of my two week appointments and at today's appointment, a week from my last one, I gained 4 pounds. Totally normal!

Sounds like you're on your way! I am 3cm and 80% effaced and hoping our LO comes soon, as I have been measuring ahead the entire pregnancy. Today I was measuring 43 weeks, but like PP said, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Good luck!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Had the ultrasound yesterday (still today for me). The tech sounded a touch concerned about his size, but that everything else was good. We get to talk to the Dr. today to see what she has to say about it. I know they can be off, but our lo is 8lb 7oz, and measuring 3 weeks ahead.

I obviously don't know the Dr.'s plan of attack, but my wife is a bit worried about being induced, which is how the Dr. seemed to act last week. She heard bad things, complications for both baby and mom, about one of the drugs, but I forget which one.

• Found out today that we get to wait until next week. The Dr. seemed pretty confident that it would end up being c-section. Wants to talk to the others at the practice first (our normal one had to deliver). She said the reasoning is that the GD can lead to "linebacker" shoulders. They also want to wait to see how much weight he's put on at next week's appointment. Said they don't like taking them under 9, but if he's over 9 it's usually a c-section. I got confused by that statement.

I'm getting anxious to see the little man, and my wife's just getting tired of pregnancy at this point. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"