3rd Trimester

What's your typical breakfast?

90% of the time I end up eating a bowl of Greek yogurt with mixed berries and then oatmeal about two hours after that. Since I WFH on Fridays, I take the time to make a giant smoothie with fruit and yogurt (I keep meaning to throw in spinach, too).
Stasa 01.15.09 * Lexi 03.24.11 * Tommy 04.27.13 * Merklet #4 due 10.10.15

BLOG    THE BABY STANDARD    FLICKR    VIDEOS

Re: What's your typical breakfast?

• usually a few egg whites and a slice of wheat toast with pb

sometimes cereal. today I had oatmeal, which is really out of the ordinary but it sounded good for some reason (I'm not a huge oatmeal fan, hah).

I do the greek yogurt thing a few hours after breakfast. 

• two eggs on toast or some oatmeal with yogurt

• Loading the player...
  • The past two weeks I've had a fruit smoothie and an english muffin. Over the weekends I usually have scrambled eggs or pancakes.

• I hate breakfast and have my whole life.  Right now I force down a greek yogurt with 1/3cup granola and a fruit.  I'll do that for a month or two then switch to another set meal.  If I keep it the exact same everyday I can better force it down.

2 hours later I have a good snack (as in a whole meal)!

Pretty sure my trouble with breakfast has to do with a high morning gag reflex, if my toothbrush so much as touches my tounge in the morning it sends me into a heaving fit.  By noon I can scrub my tounge with toothbrush with no reaction and my appetite is great. More than you needed to know, I'm sure!

• It varies. I hate breakfast and try to keep it interesting. But lately it's been either cereal with almond milk or oatmeal. I'm tired and out of ideas.  
    BabyFetus Ticker image Anniversary FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • It's a mix of cereal with berries, fried eggs with potatoes, oatmeal with apples or berries or a bagel with some sort of fruit on the side. 

I haven't been able to eat yogurt since I was pregnant with DD. I don't know why, I just can't stomach it. My go to breakfast with her was Greek yogurt, granola and berries.  

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Well, usually greek yogurt and granola. Today I had granola and almond milk. Then just now I made a fruit smoothie.
  • sandwich thin with some PB and a protein shake (I work out in the mornings)
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • I mostly make tofu scrambles with whatever veggies I have on hand (spinach, mushrooms, kale, zuchinni).  This morning I made pancakes with fresh berries.  Some days I do not feel like doing much and will just have cerial and fruit. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm lazy.  Mini wheats sprinkled with ground flax seed.  Keeps me ridiculously regular, though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It varies and depends if I get up for breakfast....  I'm on bed rest and sometimes just sleep thru it. So items include.... Waffles, BLT, PB&J sandwich, yoghurt and granola, or cinnamon toast.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • Soy milk smoothie with frozen berries and flax seed meal at home then at work ill eat an orange and raw almonds.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • on week days it's almost always a whole wheat english muffin with honey peanutbutter.  Weekends it's either cereal or pancakes, eggs and bacon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My latest breakfast addiction is toast with crunchy peanut butter.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • For the last two months it's been Oh's cereal. I'm not much of a morning/breakfast person.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Cereal, oatmeal or a breakfast sandwich during the week.

Weekends either cereal or some kind of eggs.

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• It varies; a bowl of cold cereal with banana; hot oatmeal; scrambled egg whites with turkey sausage; a homemade breakfast sandwich (one egg, 100 calorie sandwich thins, FF cheese and turkey sausage)

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• A bowl of cereal and a glass of orange juice...
  • Either a banana, ice, and touch of OJ smoothie or cereal of varying kinds. If I wake up early I usually have to have a protein bar before lunch time.

•  

I have an egg and dairy allergy, so unfortunately no yummy eggs or yogurt for breakfast. 

I have a green smoothie every morning with organic baby kale/spinach/chard, organic raspberries/blueberries/strawberries sometimes kiwi or frozen peaches, and half an avocado.  

There is a puffed quinoa cereal that I have with that most days if I'm in a hurry, and on days I?m not then hot quinoa with some honey and cinnamon. I also have gluten free waffles with manuka honey some days, made with quinoa /brown rice flour. I love eating quinoa for breakfast because it?s a complete protein and I get pretty filled up on it and it's still "breakfast-y" IYKWIM. On days I'm not working, breakfast is more fun. We usually make something like free range organic chicken, turkey or bison sausages, pancakes/waffles, steamed veggies, fruits, etc,  but this is my typical every day brekkie.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like an English muffin, two scrambled eggs, and some Greek yogurt. It is important to me to get lots of protein with breakfast.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Cereal is a staple for me during the week since its quick and I'm not a morning person.  On the weekends DH and I usually make up bacon, eggs and wheat toast.  :) 

New Mommy since 4/3/13

• I usually eat cereal or a muffin with peanut butter before I leave the house then I have a banana after I get to work.
  • 2 eggs and a slice of whole grain toast with a little strawberry jam. Yum!
  • A slice of toast with peanut butter, a Chobani greek yogurt (I love the pineapple flavor!), and a glass of milk. Then I'll usually have a banana and fiber bar by 10am.

Getting some great ideas from you ladies! Big Smile

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

• Any kind of cereal is all I have been wanting this whole pregnancy so we have a pretty nice selection all the time. But I will switch it up to an English muffin or yogurt and oatmeal sometimes but always a banana!
  • Wow... I get jealous at everyone who gets to have a smoothie in the morning! I have to watch my carb/sugar intake and I usually have All Bran cereals with a portion of fruit and a piece of cheese... And an exciting glass of water. If I were to add a toast I'd bust my numbers. Yeah, my meals get pretty boring.

I miss OJ and smoothies like crazy! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"