3rd Trimester

Want to Share Your Nursery Pics?

I have a 4-day weekend due to "winter break" at the school where I teach.  We are planning on completing the nursery this weekend.  I don't know if it is just that I am exhausted, but I am completely without inspiration!  We are using the bedding/set that we used with my daughter, which is a gender-nuetral jungle animal theme.  The colors are mostly browns, creams, with some green and yellow.  We have moved since our daughter was an infant and she has a super cute girly toddler room.  I want our boy's nursery to be cute too!!  I am typically a pretty crafty, creative person...............I don't know what's wrong with me!!  Anyone want to give me some inspiration from your adorable nurseries???

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Want to Share Your Nursery Pics?

• we have a forrest friends theme for this LO, similar to a jungle theme in color, but with different animals.  some themes for inspiration: the ocean (deep sea or beach), outter space, cowboy/cowgirl, peter rabbit, dr suess, sports, animals... hope this was helpful and will work with your bedding set! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We did a jungle animal theme, too. After we picked it out I noticed that it seems to be the popular theme as of late. When I get home from work I will post some pictures!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am doing a monkey pirate theme...
  • I do not have pictures but we are doing Dr. Seuss. Its pretty easy to do with colors, fun patterns, and the alphabet. I think the nautical theme is adorable but DH didn't agree.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are doing a birdhouse theme :)

Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• We did animal pirates. It has a lion, a monkey, and a zebra on a high seas adventure, lol. I'm not a decorator so we just bought a nursery set and a few matching accessories and we were done. I wish I could find matching sets of stuff for the other rooms in my house!

image image
  • How do I add images to a post? When I click on the add picture button it wants an image URL but I thought I could just download it from my computer. I would love to add pics if I knew how! lol
  • I'm almost done with DD2's, so I should have pics by end of week.  But just for fun, here is the link to DD1's from a while back!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150425064910707.630694.504535706&type=3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagedoozer1345:

We are doing a birdhouse theme :)

Woot!  That's kind of what we did, after nixing the idea of doing an owl theme (the stuff we were considering was too cartoony and wouldn't have grown with our LO as she got older).

We ended up doing a bird/nature theme..  Only the room isn't all that "themed" - just vinyl wall stickers, a stuffed toy and decoration or two, and framed nature prints.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagedoozer1345:

We are doing a birdhouse theme :)

LOVE the wall color! Gorgeous! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just finished ours this past weekend.  I posted pics on the March board today.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/72020034.aspx

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I loved this nursery and based ours off of it:

https://www.becoming-mom.net/2008/07/29/nursery-tour/ 

Stasa 01.15.09 * Lexi 03.24.11 * Tommy 04.27.13 * Merklet #4 due 10.10.15

BLOG    THE BABY STANDARD    FLICKR    VIDEOS

• we haven't done our nursery yet so I can't post pics but we are doing a "vintage boyish" theme. the walls will be a neutral tan, the carpet is cream colored. we are doing black and ivory buffalo check fabric. the curtains and bedskirt are the large buffalo check pattern (very lumberjack lol) and the crib sheet and changing pad cover are the small gingham check pattern. we are doing darker red accents, there will be a long shelf on the wall that i'm painting red and the rest will be in little knick knacks and such. we have a vintage car sign that has red, tans, blacks on it, that'll be the "Art work". 

my other son is 3 so eventually we will move them in to share a room together, once the baby is about 18 months. so i wanted to use fabrics and hanging things that they can have in their room together when we make the transition. when i did my first nursery for DS 1, i did peter rabbit and it was sage green, very baby, so he grew out of it really quick.  

this was the inspiration pic...

https://pinterest.com/pin/16536723601336235/

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours is a vintage bird theme-8ft tree decal with birds and a few flowers, some metal wall hangings of matching birds in different colors and muted reds, teals and greans.  I kept the walls tan bc we live in an apartment complex and I'm not repainting shld we have chosen to paint and I wanted a theme that could grow with her or that wouldn't be too difficult to change down the road if we are still there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for all the ideas!!  Unfortunately I got hit with a horrendous stomach flu yesterday and am just now getting around to going  to pick out paint etc.

Out of curiosity, do you think an animal print accent wall is too feminine in a boy's nursery?

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"