August 2013 Moms

Is it just me?...

Is it just me or are some people on here very eager to cut you down about anything you say. I am new on here and I have really enjoyed reading other peoples stories and I know none of this is private but I would think something like this would be something we could all go to to just discuss what bothers us or concerns or just to share great or sad news. Just wondering if anyone has felt like this too....

Re: Is it just me?...

• Some people on here look for any reason what so ever to insult and knock others down but for the most part everyone is friendly and helpful. You just have to ignore the bad, ugly and insulting stuff and focus on those that are truly supportive and willing to offer useful advise.
  • Many don't always appreciate the same person starting 5 threads in 10 minutes... keep that in mind if you don't want the snark.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh em gee they are all soooo mean and totally don't know my lyfe.

this is the internet filled with all different types of people in all different types of moods. I'm an honest person and that can come off as mean. I don't sugar coat stuff.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • You should read a previous post I wrote and the comments I got for sharing my thoughts!!!

Say whatever you want and dont worry about the mean people. Theres more nice ppl than mean : )

Welcome!

• This board is tame compared to others on the bump. There are also other boards in the internet that are 100% puppies and rainbows. The bump is full of snark, that's just how things are. 
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow. Thank you all for your insightful look into the community. If you don't like it, you don't have to log in. Simple. as. that. It's not going to change, you're wasting your time/ breath.

Hope that helps!

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• OH and ps. It's not a good idea to have your full name as your profile name. I found you in all of like 2 seconds on facebook. =/ It also helps if your profile picture isn't your avatar...

Just some simple internet rules to live by to keep people safe and all.

• lol I totally agree! I can't believe how many people use a pregnancy board to vent out...on strangers! wow! Even the simplest posts end up with someone rude, I've had it happen to me just recently. When I am reading other people's threads, I either comment nicely or, if I don't agree with what they're saying, I simply push the back button like any other mature adult would do lol!!!!!
  • imageCharmedBAcMF:

OH and ps. It's not a good idea to have your full name as your profile name. I found you in all of like 2 seconds on facebook. =/ It also helps if your profile picture isn't your avatar...

Are you threatening to come kill me?? lol your posts make me feel bad for you. You obviously are not very happy. Sad

• imagejessie1516:
    lol I totally agree! I can't believe how many people use a pregnancy board to vent out...on strangers! wow! Even the simplest posts end up with someone rude, I've had it happen to me just recently. When I am reading other people's threads, I either comment nicely or, if I don't agree with what they're saying, I simply push the back button like any other mature adult would do lol!!!!!
    but if I don't comment, I won't up my post count.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • If you are going to make a redundant post and then point out it was redundant you are probably going to get snark ijs. Since you haven't been around long and you pointed that out you have no idea that many of these ladies are supportive and while can be brutally honest sometimes it is needed. Nothing is sugar coated here.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageaishaweatherford:
    imageCharmedBAcMF:

OH and ps. It's not a good idea to have your full name as your profile name. I found you in all of like 2 seconds on facebook. =/ It also helps if your profile picture isn't your avatar...

Are you threatening to come kill me?? lol your posts make me feel bad for you. You obviously are not very happy. Sad

:::eye roll::: Hey drama queen. Someone is a bit crazy cakes. You need to take it down a notch. I was just pointing out that it's stupid to have your whole flucking name as your username. People do crazy sh!t on the bump/ the internet. It's all about safe guarding yourself. Take the advice or don't, that's your issue.

And yes.. I'm a terrible, horrible, vile human being with a very unhappy life which is transferring to my uterus and is making my baby evil, too.

How the hell did you figure me out? Do you have ESP? Are you a mind reader? Do you have a degree in psychology? If so, You need to find a new job, honey because you suck at it. 

• imageCharmedBAcMF:
    imageaishaweatherford:
    imageCharmedBAcMF:

:::eye roll::: Hey drama queen. Someone is a bit crazy cakes. You need to take it down a notch. I was just pointing out that it's stupid to have your whole flucking name as your username. People do crazy sh!t on the bump/ the internet. It's all about safe guarding yourself. Take the advice or don't, that's your issue.

And yes.. I'm a terrible, horrible, vile human being with a very unhappy life which is transferring to my uterus and is making my baby evil, too.

How the hell did you figure me out? Do you have ESP? Are you a mind reader? Do you have a degree in psychology? If so, You need to find a new job, honey because you suck at it. 

See, this is one of those posts that you actually should consider as helpful. You don't need to be a member to read these posts and anyone with ill intentions wouldn't bother to give you a heads up, but all you see is snark.

So how is Benji? It looks like you had fun at Megan's Birthday. I hope you don't intend to continue smoking those cigars. It's not good for baby. Know what's also not good for baby? The comments that tell where you live. Better consider checking your privacy settings. While you're at it, get a new Bump SN and shut this one down.

• Also, I think your purple chair is ugly.
  • I <3 these threads!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Sweet!! I made a bet with a friend who is also on The bump that the phrase "crazycakes" would be used and now I'm up 15 bucks!!! Keep it going ladies, as we each have a few phrases picked and the bet continues! Thanks for being so predictable.
  • omg, today is just not some people's day.  there's some crazy baby shower/1st tri butthurt going on today, too.  

OP, the other poster was just trying to inform you that any creep-o can see what's going on on your FB and if you don't take more efforts to keep your information safe, you're going to have lots of people looking at all your shiz.  Just something you might want to consider, you know, with a baby and all. 

But what do I know...I just creeped on your FB wall and I've never met you :

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • imageMagPie 1986:
    omg, today is just not some people's day.nbsp; there's some crazy baby shower/1st tri butthurt going on today, too. nbsp; OP, the other poster was just trying to inform you that any creepo can see what's going on on your FB and if you don't take more efforts to keep your information safe, you're going to have lots of people looking at all your shiz.nbsp; Just something you might want to consider, you know, with a baby and all.nbsp; nbsp;But what do I know...I just creeped on your FB wall and I've never met you :

That would be second trimester, not 1st and I wouldn't call it butt hurt because I was asking a question and I got the answers I needed. I do agree though, make sure you protect yourself and don't use full names, or pics and keep up with privacy settings. It's a scary world we live in. She could have told you without being so harsh but for some people that's just their way. Don't take it personal.
  • imagewifemomnurse:
    imageMagPie 1986:
    omg, today is just not some people's day.nbsp; there's some crazy baby shower/1st tri butthurt going on today, too. nbsp; OP, the other poster was just trying to inform you that any creepo can see what's going on on your FB and if you don't take more efforts to keep your information safe, you're going to have lots of people looking at all your shiz.nbsp; Just something you might want to consider, you know, with a baby and all.nbsp; nbsp;But what do I know...I just creeped on your FB wall and I've never met you :
    That would be second trimester, not 1st and I wouldn't call it butt hurt because I was asking a question and I got the answers I needed. I do agree though, make sure you protect yourself and don't use full names, or pics and keep up with privacy settings. It's a scary world we live in. She could have told you without being so harsh but for some people that's just their way. Don't take it personal.

Nothing was harsh about the way I told her. I actually left all snark out of it. I didn't say HEY, NOOB/ dumb a$$, etc, your sh!t is out there for the whole world to see. I just didn't sugar coat it or tongue her butt hole. It's her privacy. She's lucky she even got a heads up.

• imagewifemomnurse:
    imageMagPie 1986:

bahahaha!!!! i thought this couldn't get any better!!

I wasn't even talking about your thread, wifemomnurse. I was talking about another one.  I know what I wrote and it wasn't about you.  Please don't tell me what I meant to say.

ohhh geees!!! this is classic!

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • imagewifemomnurse:
    imageMagPie 1986:

Actually it was 1st tri I just read the thread.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:
    imagewifemomnurse:
    imageMagPie 1986:

LOL, obviously she was pretty butthurt about it if she thinks that this board should know the "mean" responses she got on 2nd tri.  

Like we all know everyone else's posts on every other board.  

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • I must not have read that one. Oh, we'll, I really don't have the time to read every post.
  • imageMagPie 1986:

imageamarissa85:
    imagewifemomnurse:
    imageMagPie 1986:

LOL, obviously she was pretty butthurt about it if she thinks that this board should know the "mean" responses she got on 2nd tri. &nbsp;

Like we all know everyone else's posts on every other board. &nbsp;

I never said anything about mean responses. I said that I got what I needed. I didn't even know that another post regarding a baby shower had been posted until you pointed it out.

• Duuude, chill it's the Internet.

Not even trying to be mean OP, but this is the way it is around here. It will never change and honestly these types of post don't go over well at all.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMagPie 1986:

imageamarissa85:
    imagewifemomnurse:
    imageMagPie 1986:

LOL, obviously she was pretty butthurt about it if she thinks that this board should know the "mean" responses she got on 2nd tri. &nbsp;

Like we all know everyone else's posts on every other board. &nbsp;

I am about to look at second tri now too.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:
    If you are going to make a redundant post and then point out it was redundant you are probably going to get snark ijs. Since you haven't been around long and you pointed that out you have no idea that many of these ladies are supportive and while can be brutally honest sometimes it is needed. Nothing is sugar coated here.

Yep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love these random "you're all soooooooo mean," posts.

Entertainment at its finest. Especially because the majority of the time the OP doesn't ever respond.

• imageMommyAmes2:
    I love these random "you're all soooooooo mean," posts.Entertainment at its finest. Especially because the majority of the time the OP doesn't ever respond.

Thought I was the only one that noticed it. But the drama is entertaining while it lasts.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageCharmedBAcMF:
    imageaishaweatherford:
    imageCharmedBAcMF:

YOU just made me crack the heck up. You reminded me of a girl I 'met' on the Knot while wedding planning who has the same sarcastic (and totally awesome) kind of sense of humor. Thank you for making my day!! :-D

As for this whole thread. Wow!! It's the internet, and I LOVE boards that are not unicorns and rainbows. It's REAL. It gives you a reality check if you're being a big whiny baby, and honestly gives you strong support when you need it. That's been my experience. You can't get too sensitive, and you gotta expect some snarkiness at times. :) Just relax.

• I don't understand why we get these post once a week, people aren't really being mean. You know how you can post anything you want, no matter how many other times it has been posted, well they can respond however they want.

But thanks for the entertaining read while DS bathes.  

Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • Is February National Butthurt Convention Month or something?

Seriously, put on your big girl panties and deal with it. Its just the GD internet FFS.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• TB just has a VERY low tolerance for stupid. Sorry you like to put yourself on the wrong side of that.
    Due with #5 April 22, 2015. It's a girl!!!!! 

Yes it was planned, yes we know what causes that, no we are not on public assistance, and yes we will be getting cable after this. ;)

• Oh FFS. If you don't want snark, don't make multiple stupid posts everyday. The end.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • oh man, and to make things even better, the person who I was referring to about the 1st tri/baby shower drama actually commented on this post early on agreeing with the OP and now that comment is deleted. i don't remember her SN. 

LOL, a little common sense goes a long way, people!

Baby C - 08.23.13
  • No not just you. One would assume that being pregnant would correlate with higher maturity but not here!

i lurk a lot and sometimes reply but rarely create a new post because some people are just mean. 

• imagedani_brewer:

BTW how many times can Butthurt (or similar words) be used in one thread lol? 

lol!!! love this.
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"