March 2013 Moms

List keeps growing!

Anyone else feel like there list of things to do and get keep growing before the baby gets here? I had my baby shower 2 weeks ago, and we were so blessed to get the big things from our registry!  I was really shocked because I only had about 25 people there and they all got us the big stuff, and only a couple of outfits and blankets, and small supplies.

So, I have been trying to figure out all of the little things I need to get the house in order, and have on hand for the baby. I don't drive so having what I need at home is very important (one of the big reasons why we are cloth diapering, and breast feeding).

Every time I cross something off I feel like I add two things. I constantly have a pad of paper by me in order to add to the list!! 

Re: List keeps growing!

• You're ahead of me!!  My shower is this weekend and once I see what we get from the registry I'm going to make a list of what we absolutely need and get it all by next weekend so I can have the nursery done and checked off the list.

Remember to still take time to rest! 

• I completely understand. Especially when I feel like my house is in good order then I set something up and there's pieces of plastic/cardboard everywhere. Eh, one day at a time.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesarahbethski04:
    I completely understand. Especially when I feel like my house is in good order then I set something up and there's pieces of plastic/cardboard everywhere. Eh, one day at a time.

So true! The cardboard is making me crazy. After the baby shower there is literally a mountain of it in our basement, and I used my completion discount at BRU and bought 25 things, and they came in about 15 boxes this week. I just throw them down the basement stairs so my husband can break them down, and hopefully get them to the recycling center before she is born!

• I have a giant whiteboard in my hallway.  It is full of items.  I swear I erase a few items, and the add a few more.   But the baby's room is done, carseat is installed, and the hospital bag is packed.  So if the baby comes, we are ready.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have had 2 of my 3 showers with plenty of times to get things put away and yet everything is still in the floor. The nursery is ready as soon as we push all the stuff aside.. that counts right?! I have seriously 20 lists floating around the house, my purse, etc. And yes, its as effective as it sounds.. not!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have felt this way too. What I did is I got a friend of mine who is a seasoned mommy to come over and go through everything I had after the shower and hand me downs etc. She helped me sort through what I need, get rid of what I don't need, and make a list of what I actually still need to get. It cut down on a TON of clutter and put me on a proactive track to what is necessary and logical. Since then, I have been able to prioritize a whole lot better and have even been able to mark things off my list that weren't really necessary in the first place.

ETA: Moral of the story that I forgot to mention... My nursery is done, I have all drawers in her closet organized by size, hospital bag packed, car seat in the car, stroller put together, pack n play put together and placed where we are going to keep it, as well as all other big things (like swing, bouncer, tummy gym, etc)

Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"