Pregnant after 35
Options

Scary day

My doctor decided to adjust my bp meds on Friday.  By Tuesday by BP was up to 160/120.  I had to go to L&D.  I could hear the doctor and nurse outside of my room talking about preparing me for an emergency c-section.  They brought in a bunch of doctors and finally got it under control.  The head of OB actually called and scheduled my next doctor appointment and ultrasound.  I am now on the books for a Feb. 24 induction.  Hopefully, I can make it that long.  I was told that I am having contractions evey 5 minutes but I can't feel them yet.
BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Scary day

• Options

imageCountry Girl in the City:
    My doctor decided to adjust my bp meds on Friday.  By Tuesday by BP was up to 160/120.  I had to go to L&D.  I could hear the doctor and nurse outside of my room talking about preparing me for an emergency c-section.  They brought in a bunch of doctors and finally got it under control.  The head of OB actually called and scheduled my next doctor appointment and ultrasound.  I am now on the books for a Feb. 24 induction.  Hopefully, I can make it that long.  I was told that I am having contractions evey 5 minutes but I can't feel them yet.

Oh, ^$%# it! You had such a great week last week. I really thought you were going to go full term (40 wks). Did the med adjustment cause the problem, or was it unrelated? That is scary to have your BP so high and to be teetering on the edge of an emergency c/s. So glad they were able to get things under control and let your LO bake a little longer. T&P that your BP behaves itself and you make it to the 24th or maybe even further!

Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    imagedanuli8:

imageCountry Girl in the City:

Oh, ^$%# it! You had such a great week last week. I really thought you were going to go full term (40 wks). Did the med adjustment cause the problem, or was it unrelated? That is scary to have your BP so high and to be teetering on the edge of an emergency c/s. So glad they were able to get things under control and let your LO bake a little longer. T&P that your BP behaves itself and you make it to the 24th or maybe even further!

It could have gone high even if they would not have changed the meds so we really don't know what caused it.  I am to the point that I don't want to go any longer than the 24th.  38 weeks is long enough.  I fell like it will be more dangerous to keep me longer and this whole thing is starting to be frustrating.  I will be considered full term tomorrow, so if they told me that I had to be induced tomorrow, I would be fine with that.  It is my step MIL's b-day tomorrow and she would be thrilled if I had her tomorrow.  I would like to wait for my grandmother's birthday but I will take what I can get.

BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Man oh man-- how scary!

I'm glad they got things worked out and stabilized, though. It sounds like you have a great attitude about this-- so crucial to making sure you end up with the healthiest start for your babe...
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Options
    Holy crap, what a scary experience! First with the high BP, then having to be monitored in L&D, and finally overhearing the discussion of an emergency c-section. That is all very intense and I can only imagine what that must have been like for you to experience. I know I would have been freaking the f out. I'm glad that baby and you are okay and there didn't need to be an emergency c-section in the end. Sending T&P your way for a smooth and uneventful delivery for you and baby in the next 10 days.
    Me: 38, DH: 35
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think that I need to remind everyone in L&D that I can hear what they are saying on the other side of the curtain.  It is not a magic shield.  My OB was "educating" the nephrology resident about the management of high BP in pregnancy and how it makes a difference if someone is 17 weeks vs. 20 weeks when it is diagnosed.  The discussion was getting a little intense and DH and I were cheering on my OB.

I am actually calling this a good thing.  Everyone is healthy and I have even more confidence in the medical staff at the hospital that I chose.  I was able to quickly pull DH from his meeting which was a worry for me.  My parents are going to come take care of my dog when I actually have the baby.  It took me 5 hours to get in touch with them.  They now know that they failed the test.  They are now calling me every time they leave their house.

• Options
    Yikes, I'm glad they got it under control and baby gets to keep cooking in there a little longer.  You're nearly full term, so that's good that you've made it this far!  Try to rest as much as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wow, very scary!  Rest up and hope baby hangs out for a little while longer, glad to hear you are in good hands!  Keep us updated.
    ~~~TTC #1 since Dec 2011, BFP 5/3 CP 5/6~~~
    ~~~BFP 10/9/12, EDD 6/17/13~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yikes that is scary!  I hope LO keeps baking another week but either way you are nearly full term and I'm sure everything will be fine.  Hang in there!   
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Options
    YIKES!  FX your LO stays put a few days at the very least.  Glad they didn't have to do a C/S and got things under control.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OH boy- you have really been on the roller coaster :( FX that you and baby hang in there and keep cookin'!
  • Options
    Sounds super scary, Hope things stay under control for a little while longer.
    About me:AMA 41 BFP 8/1/12 EDD 4/8/12 Found no Heartbeat 9/5/12 D&C 9/12/12

BFP 12/13/12 EDD 8/22/13 Lilah Ruby born 8/8/13

http://lb1f.lilypie.com/zdSMm7.png
  • Options
    Glad that you have a future plan that your comfortable with and that things have stabilized. Take is easy and keep your eye on the prize!
    nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sorry you had to go thru that today!  Glad you and your little girl are ok.  Only a little longer!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    That is scary. But you've done great...you'll be full term so soon.  I hope it's smooth sailing from here.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options
    Wow, that is scary!  I know how it is, I had preeclampsia with my last pregnancy and my BP shot to something like 190/110 at one point during labor.  My doctor didn't diagnose the preeclampsia and allowed the pregnancy to go until my daughter decided to come out on her own at nearly 40 weeks.  I'm still with the same OB but I don't trust her quite as much now.  I'm glad that your OB seems to be on top of things.  I know an emergency C section is scary and not what you really want (I had one as well last time), but you have the right attitude about it.  It's about the outcome here, not how you get there. 
    Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"