March 2013 Moms

Baby pushing against stomach

Ok...so I'm 36 weeks and 4 days. When the baby pushes against my stomach...it really hurts...Sometimes he seems like he pushes his butt out or something and one side of my stomach will stick out and get very hard. I try to wait it out because I feel sorry for him because he's growing and running out of room too so my discomfort may actually be his comfort. But OMG! It can get very uncomfortable. 

In these cases do you find yourself adjusting your LO to give yourself some relief or just waiting until he or she readjusts on their own? 

Re: Baby pushing against stomach

• This happens to me ALL THE TIME.  I usually just rub whatever body part is sticking out and eventually she'll move.  It's not very comfortable for me either! :)
    ~Married 7.10.09~
    TTC #1 Since 3.9.10
    Dx PCOS 8.30.10
    3 failed IUI cycles Feb 11 to April 11, IVF #1 cycle start 6-18-12, ER 7-3-12 (10 retrieved, 8 attempted fertilization, 7 growing), ET 7-8-12 - 2-2ab transferred. Success! Due 3-26-13
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, this happens to me daily. It sucks! It sometimes helps if I stand up or move around a bit.

• Loading the player...
  • I've been experiencing this for about a week now and you're right, it's VERY painful.  In fact, it almost feels like I'm getting stabbed.  I've noticed the pain is worse for me when I stand and walk for too long, sitting/laying down is the only thing that brings relief.  I talked to my dr. about it and she seems to think the pain is caused by baby's position but also a stretching stomach that just can't stretch anymore!
    Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
    February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
    April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
    May '17: Took off due to cysts
    June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
    November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
    December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

• LO likes to stick her butt right up under my ribs and sometimes it makes it hard to breathe. I just pat the area and she eventually moves a little.
    May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• I get the butt thing, too.  Usually concurrently with an elbow to the belly button and a foot in the right side of my ribs. So, compared to the foot in the ribs and elbow in the belly button, the butt doesn't bother me so much. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • This happens to me ALL the time and yes, I try to push him or adjust him into another position. I've found standing up and stretching my stomach gets him to go back down or move just slightly to where its uncomfortable but not painful!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageCBomback:
    I get the butt thing, too.  Usually concurrently with an elbow to the belly button and a foot in the right side of my ribs. So, compared to the foot in the ribs and elbow in the belly button, the butt doesn't bother me so much. :)

Ha!  This is me exactly.  I'm constantly poking her to get her to move.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ill get a butt pushing out, a foot in the side or my belly button and her head pushing down. Omg talk about uncomfortable lol. I'll rub or poke her to get her to move lol
  • I push my boy whenever he hurts. He likes to stick his feet in my ribs and his butt straight out. Moving them is the only way I have found to get relief.
    Roll Tide Baby BabyFruit TickerBabyName Ticker
  • imagekfarmer92:
    Ill get a butt pushing out, a foot in the side or my belly button and her head pushing down. Omg talk about uncomfortable lol. I'll rub or poke her to get her to move lol

This- and when he pushes his head down I get the searing pan in my cervix and then the shooting pain/numbness in my thigh/groin. It stops me dead in my tracks and sometimes I'm finding things to bend over and lean against... I usually apply light pressure back against it (or "fighting back" as I told DH the other night) to get him to re-adjust.  Then I tell myself the end is in sight...

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • All the time!  I'm constantly leaning back in my chair at work to give her a little more room.  I usually rub or pat what I think is her butt to get her to stop pushing so hard though if it starts to really hurt or be uncomfortable.
  • I know exactly how you feel.  My little one went from head down to side to side last week so her feet are right underneath my gastric lapband and she must think it's a fun "toy" to play with bc she is constantly pushing and kicking against it.  If I rub that spot and push down lightly she stops.  A little persuasion never hurt anyone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagejennylyna:

imageCBomback:
    I get the butt thing, too.  Usually concurrently with an elbow to the belly button and a foot in the right side of my ribs. So, compared to the foot in the ribs and elbow in the belly button, the butt doesn't bother me so much. :)

Ha!  This is me exactly.  I'm constantly poking her to get her to move.

apparently this is a favored position for babies because mine is the exact same! the elbow in the belly button caused my one and only stretch march, and the foot in the rib is killer!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"