February 2013 Moms

insomnia/anxiety after birth

Hi all.. just had baby on Sunday and ever since she came I've yet to sleep. I have this unexplained anxiety that doesn't go away and then i cannot sleep at all. My baby has a great sleep pattern already waking every 3 hrs. So youd think I could sleep while she does. But I cannot sleep!! I climb into bed exhausted and then I dont fall asleep. I can feel the exhaustion and effects on my body and I can't do this much longer! Need advice ladies.
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: insomnia/anxiety after birth

• Call your doctor and see what they would suggest; probably a sleep aid medication...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It does get better, I did not sleep at all the first week, even when he slept, I just sat there and looked at him to make sure he was ok. I'm still anxious and nervous about him, but I am finally sleeping at night when he does. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It's probably hormonal.  I've had anxiety throughout my pregnancy and have chatted with my dr about anxiety medication post baby just in case.  There are several that are BF safe.  Lack of sleep can make anxiety a TON worse so you might want to take a small dose of something like Valium at night just to put you to sleep.  Once you get one sleep I imagine you'll feel a ton better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"