Baby Names

How bad is Stella with our last name?

I am just really loving the name Stella but counted it out due to our last name.  I was wondering if it's really that bad.  I usually don't like to put my last name on here but I need honest opinions:

Stella Scully.

The other girl name we're considering is Fiona, which sounds awesome with our last name.  So, how bad is it? 

Re: How bad is Stella with our last name?

• Welp...I don't love it.

• Personally I don't think it's bad.

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Loading the player...
  • Fiona definitely sounds better with your last name. Sorry.
    SQUIRREL!!!

• Fiona sounds better.  What about Estella nn Stella?  IMO that sounds a bit better. Buut, if you love it, use it.  Our girl name has the same "ie" ending as our last name and we're doing it. 

Also, she may choose to take her husband's name in the future, it's obv. not something to bank on but always something to consider. 

DD 9/2/13

• Fiona definitely sounds better.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't think it is bad at all I could see if maybe the first name an last name rhymed but I don't think it is bad
  • I think it's too much S. I'd definitely choose Fiona.
  • It flows fine, IMO, the double LLs are a little troublesome but not bad. I am LOL at how DS would say it, all "Stewwa Scuwwy" lol

I just don't see the appeal of the name Stella, to be perfectly honest. It's kind of trendy, overdone, and just not all that cute.  

• There are a lot of L's with Stella Scully and Fiona definitely sounds better, but if you absolutely love Stella, it's not that bad.

BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePunkyBooster:
    I just don't see the appeal of the name Stella, to be perfectly honest. It's kind of trendy, overdone, and just not all that cute.  
    This.

It really fights your last name too. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageshellyco:
    Fiona sounds better.nbsp; What about Estella nn Stella?nbsp; IMO that sounds a bit better. Buut, if you love it, use it.nbsp; Our girl name has the same "ie" ending as our last name and we're doing it.nbsp;
    Also, she may choose to take her husband's name in the future, it's obv. not something to bank on but always something to consider.nbsp;

I agree!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• imagekayjay10:

There are a lot of L's with Stella Scully and Fiona definitely sounds better, but if you absolutely love Stella, it's not that bad.

This.

imageimageimage
    My two girls Flower and Ayla Faye
  • imagejorkz821:
    Fiona definitely sounds better with your last name. Sorry.

This.  Also, Stella is more popular.  I like Fiona better.  Stella with your last name is too much alliteration!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think it sounds that bad. Perhaps Fiona sounds a bit better with your ln, but I prefer Stella. I would rather go with a fn I love than a name I like just because it sounds better with my ln (especially since she may not have the same ln all her life).
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • I don't think it's bad at all.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've heard much worse but I do prefer Fiona
  • I prefer Fiona as well.  Stella Scully just has too many repetitive sounds (s, l, same syllables, vowel at end)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think Fiona fits better
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I actually love the way they sound together. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageIloveshanej:
    imageshellyco:
    Fiona sounds better.nbsp; What about Estella nn Stella?nbsp; IMO that sounds a bit better. Buut, if you love it, use it.nbsp; Our girl name has the same "ie" ending as our last name and we're doing it.nbsp;
    Also, she may choose to take her husband's name in the future, it's obv. not something to bank on but always something to consider.nbsp;

This
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"