Baby Names

Full names for the NN Fi

So, MH really likes the NN Fi, and because of that, wants to name our theoretical daughter Fiona.  However, I kind of hate the name, not least because it is made-up (invented by an Irish poet in the 1700s) and reminds me of an ogre (sorry if anyone named their DD Fiona).  So, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas for full names that would have the NN Fi, other than Josephine and Sophie/Sophia?  TIA.
http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

Re: Full names for the NN Fi

• Personally I like Fiona! Phoebe maybe?
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Felicity

Seraphine / Seraphina
    BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Philomena
    Fidelia / Fidelity
    Ophelia
    BabyFruit Ticker 
  • I went to college with a girl whose name was Bethany and she went by FiFi or Fi with close friends and family. She also went by Bethie and i think Fi was derived from thie. Point being, it doesn't necessarily have to be a direct derivative of a formal name.

• The only other name not already mentioned that I think could be a NN for is Phyllis.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Others: Felicia, Delphine/Delfina, Fiorella and Josephine
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• imagealphalyrae:
    Farrah?

Yes 

TTC since 11/10 BFP 12/2/10-MC 12/30/10 BFP 6/12/12-MC 6/29/12 BFP 12/10/12-MC 12/26/12 BFN 1/20/13-Taking a Breather!
  • Sofie or Sofia?
    Josephine. Seraphine/a.

LOL one of the mods has a Fiona! FWIW I think made up in the 1700's is  >>>>>>> than made up in the 2000's.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers
    BFP #1: 12/22/10. EDD: 9/4/11. BDay: 8/30/11
    BFP #2: 10/16/12. EDD: 6/27/13. Said Goodbye: 10/22/12
    BFP #3: 11/20/12. EDD: 8/1/13. STICK BABY STICK!
    Betas: 11/30/12 - 2819. 12/2/12 - 7339! Keep growing, baby!

VOTE on my Name List
  • imageplainoljane:

Sofie or Sofia?
    Josephine. Seraphine/a.

LOL one of the mods has a Fiona! FWIW I think made up in the 1700's is  >>>>>>> than made up in the 2000's.

Andplusalso, every name was "made up" at some point!!  If a name has been around since the 1700's, I think it has proven itself enough to no longer be considered made up.

(Can you sense my defensiveness of my frontrunner girl name?) 

• I totally agree with you about Fiona.

PP's had some good suggestions-Felicity, Phoebe, Felicia, Ophelia

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a niece named Phoenix who I call Fi. Don't know how you feel about place/gender neutral names.
  • My coworker's daughter is Fira (feer_ah). She's a Brit but I've always liked it.
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• imageplainoljane:

Sofie or Sofia?
    Josephine. Seraphine/a.

Totally agree with you on this one.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green
  • imagecaramia582:
    imageplainoljane:

Sofie or Sofia?
    Josephine. Seraphine/a.

Andplusalso, every name was "made up" at some point!!  If a name has been around since the 1700's, I think it has proven itself enough to no longer be considered made up.

(Can you sense my defensiveness of my frontrunner girl name?) 

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone.  Besides, no need to be defensive - I think it is a really pretty name.  Just not for me :-)

And yes, every name was made-up at some point.  And I suppose it could be grandfathered in, as another poster mentioned. 

• Also, thanks everyone for your suggestions.  I'll see if I can sell MH on any of them. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"