TTC After a Loss

Making Babies

I am on my second week of a much needed two week vacation. I decided to find a good book to read. I naturally chose a "how to guide" for getting pregnant, even though I have already read tuns of them. Making Babies: A Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility by Sami S. David is such a good book. I am not yet done with it but it is such a easy read. Just thought I would pass this on. Hope you are all having a great day!

Re: Making Babies

• We've discussed that book here before and it's a load of crap.

And also incredibly offensive, so there's that. 

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • imagekatyj25:
    imageDebateThis:

We've discussed that book here before and it's a load of crap.

I am new to this board and glad I was not the only one thinking that.

I have never even heard of the book before, but the title alone sounds offensive. 

9.08.12 BFP! | 11.01.12 MMC Discovered at 12 weeks| 11.06.12 D&C 
    11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
    7.01.15 BFP#3| 10.06.15 TEAM BLUE!| EDD 3.02.16
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imagekatyj25:
    imageDebateThis:

I am new to this board and glad I was not the only one thinking that.

No kidding, it actually gets some info on hypothyroidism completely wrong. And it suggests Mucinex as a "course of treatment" as well as using pre-seed. 

Pretty sure 3T could write this book (and write it better).

Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
  • I heard it was good.

Good for throwing at people who tell you just relax and it will happen. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • imageuneek1323:

I heard it was good.

Good for throwing at people who tell you just relax and it will happen. 

Yes 

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm sure you were trying to be helpful OP but I find this very offensive.. and I don't get offended easily.

TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 11/18/11 - m/c 12/24/11 blighted ovum - EDD 08/01/12
    BFP #2 08/04/12 - m/c 08/29/12 no answers - EDD 04/17/13
    BFP #3 10/01/12 - m/c 10/30/12 uniparental disomy - EDD 06/04/13
    BFP #4 04/12/13 - EDD 12/22/13  It's a GIRL!
    compound heterozygous MTHFR   -   All AL Welcome

image   image
  • Does it have a diagram and pictures showing how to have sex? I haven't quite mastered that yet.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• imageachbaby3:

I am on my second week of a much needed two week vacation. I decided to find a good book to read. I naturally chose a "how to guide" for getting pregnant, even though I have already read tuns of them. Making Babies: A Proven 3-Month Program for Maximum Fertility by Sami S. David is such a good book. I am not yet done with it but it is such a easy read. Just thought I would pass this on. Hope you are all having a great day!

I'm totally speaking for myself here although I do think that some of the PPs would echo my sentiments. But, seriously a proven method? If that was the case this board, 3T and the IF board wouldn't exist.

Never read it and really don't plan on it. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDebateThis:

I may or may not have read that book Embarrassed  about two years ago.  21 months later, still no baby. 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• imageBookshelves:
    imageOttersBite:
    I'm sure you were trying to be helpful OP but I find this very offensive.. and I don't get offended easily.nbsp;

Yes
    This. And I can make them; does it tell me how to keep them? TIA.

Exactly!! I hate when people always tell me well at least you know you can get pregnant!! That is offensive. You think I like making babies only to have them die?? Obviously making them isn't the problem. We've perfected that :
    TTC since June 2010 6/17/2011 9wks-ectopic pregnancy resulted in loss of right tube BFP #2 5/12/2012 M/C 5/15/2012 BFP #3 7/30/2012 M/C 8/16/2012 BFP #4 10/3/2012 M/C 10/15/2012 12/19/12 All RPL testing came back normal. Husband's testing is normal too. Back to the starting point TTC our rainbow baby! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imageKMW08:

Does it have a diagram and pictures showing how to have sex? I haven't quite mastered that yet.

Are you doing it right? :P 

I have short term memory loss. Do not take it personally if I do not remember you right away.
    No longer trying to conceive at all.
    BFP #1 12/1/02 DD born 7/25/03 
    BFP #2 7/23/10 EDD 3/30/11 m/c 8/17/10 We will always miss you Angelique Marie! 
     BFP #3 4.13.11 EDD 12.18.11 m/c 5/13/11 d&c 5/18/11 We will always miss you Sprout Ryker! 
     Lucky Lee (furbaby) born 1.29.12 
     Midnight Marie (furbaby) born 7.4.12 passed for unknown reasons 9.19.12 Missing my jumping bean. 
    image image
    image image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    ♥♥ Pg/PAL Welcome! ♥♥ 
    http://indulgy.com/post/4gbObIOiC1/bazinga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"