March 2013 Moms

Puffy face? Add it too the list!

I woke up this morning with puffy eyes and cheeks.. I look like someone squeezed water into my face! Just add it to my list of backne, dry brittle hair, and stretch marks! I am so beautiful looking these days.... lol... has anyone else had this? Will it last or is going to go down? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Puffy face? Add it too the list!

• I think a puffy face is something to call your doctor about as it can be a sign of pre eclampsia. 
  • imagekaf7:
    I think a puffy face is something to call your doctor about as it can be a sign of pre eclampsia. 
    I was going to say the same thing. I'd call your doc just to be safe!!  Assuming puffy face is different from what I have going on - fat face lol
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMrsHark122:
    imagekaf7:
    I think a puffy face is something to call your doctor about as it can be a sign of pre eclampsia. 
    I was going to say the same thing. I'd call your doc just to be safe!!  Assuming puffy face is different from what I have going on - fat face lol

I'm admittedly a lurker...but...I agree with the pp.

My ob is watching me closely for developing PreE and one of the signs they stress to me is sudden/extreme swelling in hands, legs, feet, and the face. I'd call your ob.
  • Oh wow I didn't even think of it being related to that! I have been having high blood pressure readings, but luckily there hasn't been protein in my urine! I have a doc apt today, ill bring it up to him! Thanks ladies!
  • imagekaf7:

this 

• I didn't realize how puffy my face was until I looked at my baby shower pictures! Holy crap!!!! I was so upset.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • I've had puffy face for weeks.... Don't even recognize myself in the mirror.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"